[comp.sys.apple2] AE RamFactor and RAMWORKS III

milanpat@aludra.usc.edu (Milan G. Patel) (04/11/91)

Can I use the memory chips from a RAMFACTOR card and put
them onto a RAMWORKS III board?

I'd appreciate any views on this matter.

Thanks.

-Milan
 milanpat@aludra.usc.edu

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (04/16/91)

milanpat@aludra.usc.edu (Milan G. Patel) writes:

>Can I use the memory chips from a RAMFACTOR card and put
>them onto a RAMWORKS III board?

>I'd appreciate any views on this matter.

>Thanks.

>-Milan
> milanpat@aludra.usc.edu

Well, from the RamWorks manual, it says that RamWorks uses either 64k or
256k RAM Dual In-Line Package (DIP) chips. You must use DYNAMIC RAM chips
which have a speed specificiation of 200 nS or faster. AE recommends a rating
of 150 nS.

As for the RamFactor, I don't know what kind of chips that uses.

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (04/16/91)

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) writes:

>Well, from the RamWorks manual, it says that RamWorks uses either 64k or
>256k RAM Dual In-Line Package (DIP) chips. You must use DYNAMIC RAM chips
>which have a speed specificiation of 200 nS or faster. AE recommends a rating
>of 150 nS.

The RAMfactor uses 200 nS (150 recommended) 256K DIPs.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu