[comp.sys.apple2] Pipedream

robert-s@cs.aukuni.ac.nz (Robert Sheehan ) (04/11/91)

Recently I bought Lucasfilm Games "Pipedream".  Along with a version for the GS
there is a version for the IIe/IIc on 5 1/4" disk.

It doesn't run.  The disk is not copy protected and all files check out OK.
The Lucasfilm Games screen appears and then several files are read, the drive
starts and stops several times and then nothing.

Anyone out there know anything about this?  I have a ZipChip which I disabled
and a Z-Ram Ultra II with 1 Meg from A.E.

Whilst on the topic, a couple of months ago Incider/A+ had Pipedream as their
editors' choice.  They mentioned the Mac and the GS versions but nothing at all
about the IIe/c version.

Robert Sheehan.
--
New administrater uofa.

express@pro-grouch.cts.com (Jeff Goodman) (04/13/91)

Well remember, the zip chip even slowed down may not be actually 100%
compatable.  I have a Transwarp card and while I have found it to be very
close to the real thing some programs, (Dazzle draw for one) will not work
even if the card is slowed down.  That's why, at least with the Transwarp
card, you can disable the card and use the Apple's processor.

If you really, really want to try this program out, then swap the old 65c02
back in place and see what happens.  Then again, maybe the reason the 8 bit
version was never mentioned, and was just thrown in with the GS version is
because, it was bug ridden and didn't work very well.

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (04/16/91)

In article <12837.apple.net2@pro-grouch> express@pro-grouch.cts.com (Jeff Goodman) writes:
>That's why, at least with the Transwarp
>card, you can disable the card and use the Apple's processor.

That would be some trick, considering that you had to unplug the original
65816 in order to install the TWGS.

There ARE some configurable switches for the TWGS, including an IRQ ON
that is sometimes necessary for software using certain peripherals.
You can set its speed to either of the two standard IIGS speeds or
full blast.

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Idle's Fish Eric) (04/16/91)

In article <15837@smoke.brl.mil> gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <12837.apple.net2@pro-grouch> express@pro-grouch.cts.com (Jeff Goodman) writes:
>>That's why, at least with the Transwarp
>>card, you can disable the card and use the Apple's processor.
>
>That would be some trick, considering that you had to unplug the original
>65816 in order to install the TWGS.

Look what you get for jumping in late?  Did he say Transwarp >GS<?  Nope,
he was talking about the Transwarp (as in I, II, III)/  At least that would
be my assumption since the original discussion was about Pipedream //e.

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |The Coven BBS (303) 777 2911 PCP via CODEN Stalr*nk too|
|---------------------|100 Megs of storage.  Areas for IBM/MAC/Apple. Games.  |