[comp.sys.apple2] Upgrading/Mail Order/EtcREAD/NEXT

2hnemarrow@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/17/91)

In article <9104171739.AA26013@apple.com>, ART100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU ("Andy Tefft  725-1344", 814) writes:
> I don't know why, but I've had awful luck lately trying to order
> Apple stuff mail-order. My dad orders fishing stuff all the time,
> no problems. I order CD's from Noteworthy, it comes right away.
> It takes me over a month to get Apple stuff.
<------------------------ Lots o' stuff cut out --------------------------->

Take everything you just wrote, edit it a little to try and get all of the
really important stuff close to the beginning and the evil details later, and
mail a copy to each of the magazines you found the ads in when you ordered.
I've had problems with mail order companies myself (I was a victim of the great
Zimco wars), and have found this to be a nice, effective way of striking back.
The magazines are generally very helpful and take a very strong interest in
what their advertisers are doing (remember this when you write to them.)

You might also try writing a letter to Quality Computers explaining the
problems you had matching prices.  The add does say they will match _any_
advertised price if I remember correctly.  QC is generally a good company and
the only one I've found that I can deal with reasonably (they have excellent
support for their merchandise), but that's no reason to let them get away with
that.