[comp.sys.apple2] Nibble

rjd@alpha.sunquest.com (Robert J. Dull) (04/15/91)

Does anybody know what happened to Nibble?  I can't find their magazine in
any of the bookstores around here any more.  I tried to dial in to their
Hotline a couple days ago but got a recorded message saying that it had
been disconnected.  Did they fold?

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (04/16/91)

Nibble is still available, but it's no longer sold through bookstores.
(They said it was too expensive to put magazines in bookstores, only
to have to shred a bunch of them.)  Starting with the current issue,
you can only get Nibble by subscription.

Scott Alfter-----------------------------_/_----------------------------
Support Operation Apple Storm!          / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu) (04/16/91)

they did not fold, but they ARE tightening their belts.  Nibble
magazine is 'only available via subscription' (their words) after
the April issue.
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27@cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

meekins@galley.cis.ohio-state.edu (timothy lee meekins) (04/16/91)

In article <15APR91090044@alpha.sunquest.com> rjd@alpha.sunquest.com writes:
>Does anybody know what happened to Nibble?  I can't find their magazine in
>any of the bookstores around here any more.  I tried to dial in to their
>Hotline a couple days ago but got a recorded message saying that it had
>been disconnected.  Did they fold?

Nibble has been short on cash for awhile and since newstand magazines never
tend to sell out, there is usually a lot of waste. So, to help alleviate
their current cash flow problems, they've temporarily stopped selling
newstand/bookstore copies of Nibble. They are still sending them to
subscribers.

-tim

--
+---------------------------S-U-P-P-O-R-T-----------------------------------+
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) (04/16/91)

the bookstores anymore.
--------------------
Jeffrey Hutzelman			America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet: jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu		BITNET: JHUTZ@DRYCAS

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (04/16/91)

In article <15APR91090044@alpha.sunquest.com> rjd@alpha.sunquest.com writes:
>Does anybody know what happened to Nibble?  I can't find their magazine in
>any of the bookstores around here any more.  I tried to dial in to their
>Hotline a couple days ago but got a recorded message saying that it had
>been disconnected.  Did they fold?

Nibble isn't sold in bookstores anymore, it's only available by
subscription. According to their latest issue (only about 38 pages
long), their new office number is 617-259-0448 and their new hotline
number is 617-259-8482.

--
David Huang                              |
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |    "How much is that hamster

curts@usenet.umr.edu (Curt Schroeder) (04/18/91)

In article <15APR91090044@alpha.sunquest.com> rjd@alpha.sunquest.com writes:
>Does anybody know what happened to Nibble?  I can't find their magazine in
>any of the bookstores around here any more.  I tried to dial in to their
>Hotline a couple days ago but got a recorded message saying that it had
>been disconnected.  Did they fold?

Nibble is still alive and kicking (The recent reports of my death are greatly
exagerated)!  However, to save money (and boy are they trying to stretch every
dollar) they are no longer selling the magazine in bookstores.  They claim that
40-50% of the stock is never sold and gets shredded.

SUBSCRIBE TO NIBBLE!  They are trying so hard to not desert us.  Support them
with a subscription!

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Nibble, other than I am a long, loyal
subscriber and would like to see them stick around as long as possible.

Curt

Curt Schroeder | U of Missouri - Rolla | curts@ee.umr.edu       |
"Oops?  What do you mean, oops?  I     | s076895@umrvma.bitnet  |
 distinctly heard an oops!" - Opus     | -- Apple II Forever -- |