[comp.sys.apple2] HELP!

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (05/02/90)

  Hi there.  I have a question for you toolbox programmers out there.
I'm trying to open up a Modal dialog box with 2 items in it.  The
first is a statText item, and the second is a userItem (a status
thermometer).  I'm using TML Pascal II to do all of this junk.  When
the only Item I have defined is the statText, it works perfectly, but
when I have the userItem defined, the program crashes right after it
finishes my procedure for the userItem.  It looks like its crashing
when it exits the procedure.  I stuffed some checks for tool errors in
there, and there weren't any.  I'm using the {$DefProcs} stuff for the
procedure, and I'm obviously calling the routines in the procedure
correctly, since it is drawn in the window.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  Please respond by mail...

		-Greg T.

* Any resemblance between the above   #ARPANet : gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu  ^
* views and those of my employer, my  #Bitnet : FLOYD@DRYCAS           ^
* terminal, or the view out my window #Bitnet : Y614GT0T@VB            ^
* are purely coincidental.            #Bitnet : R746GT0T@VB            ^

jwtaylor@acsu.buffalo.edu (john w taylor) (02/05/91)

Hello,
	I've run into a rather curious problem with my Apple //e (which
is enhanced, 80 col/128K, double Disk ]['s), and I'm looking for any
help that I can get.
	Last week, Tuesday, a bunch of games loaded and ran just fine;
then on Wednesday the same games had odd problems; mostly involving
crashing, playing random notes, or locking up. They do boot just fine on other
computers, however.
	One symptom: changing the slot of the (Apple) Disk Controller card
temporarily fixes the problem (for ~10 min.). I'd like to hear some opinions
before I spend money on a new card, though.
	The internal operation of the ][ is not my forte, so if someone
could send a few suggestions along, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in
advance.

----------------> John Taylor
Internet: jwtaylor@sun.acsu.buffalo.edu
Bitnet:   v131q5cg@ubvmsd

kailun@wolf.cs.washington.edu (03/06/91)

	I am going to buy a used IIe.  How can I use it as a terminal?
	What do I need besides a modem?  Thanks in advance.

	Kailun

jdeitch@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Jonathan Deitch) (03/06/91)

In article <15334@june.cs.washington.edu>, kailun@wolf.cs.washington.edu writes:

> 	I am going to buy a used IIe.  How can I use it as a terminal?
> 	What do I need besides a modem?  Thanks in advance.
>
> 	Kailun

Presumably, if it's an external modem, you'll also need a Super Serial
Card (or compatible).

An excellent term program is Z-link which is available via ftp
from wuarchive.wustl.edu in the usenet/comp.binaries.apple2/Comm
directory.

If you want to go the store bought route, Ascii Express (mouse version)
and ProTerm are both good programs.

Hope this helps ...

- Jonathan
Internet : jdeitch@umiami.miami.edu       "Good musicians execute
                                           their music but bad ones
Voice : (305) - 284 - 6482                 murder it !!! "

johnc@pro-sherwood.cts.com (John Cloninger) (03/08/91)

The only other thing you need is a terminal program.  I use two different
ones.  TIC (talk is cheap from Quality Computers) for $40 is a best buy.
It has scripting (macros) and allows file transfers (uploading and
downloading).  The other one I use is AGATE.  It is quite riddled with bugs
and has no uploading or downloading available.  However, it is a godsend
when using it with IBM boards, because it displays IBM graphics characters.
 Infact, when I don't have file transfer to do, I use AGATE.  It's public
domain too.  I could probably have it sent to you if you like.  Last
possibility would be to write one in BASIC or assembly, but I don't know
how to completely access the port.

ProLine : johnc@pro-sherwood
Internet: johnc@pro-sherwood.cts.com
    UUCP: crash!pro-sherwood!johnc
    ARPA: crash!pro-sherwood!johnc@nosc.mil

tomk@pro-nsdapple.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (03/08/91)

You'll need a 80 col card and a program to make the computer act like a
terminal.    I can sell you a 80 col card (does not contain extra 64k, it's
a very old card) for $10.00 .
If interested send me E-Mail.
----
ProLine:  tomk@pro-nsdapple
Internet: tomk@pro-nsdapple
UUCP:     crash!pro-nsdapple!tomk
ARPA:     crash!pro-nsdapple!tomk@nosc.mil

lhaider@pro-nbs.cts.com (Laer Haider) (04/14/91)

I'm working on a friend's IIgs that has problems.  I've tracked the problem
down to bad memory on the external memory board (Apple brand).  Claris's
memory checker that came with AWGS V1.1 shows bad memory addresses at:

       $080000          $097A20
       $080002          $097CC0
       $080900          $0ABE20

My problem is in converting these numbers into actual locations on the memory
board.  The chips are in the board in 2 sections of 256K chips at 120 ns (I
know there are actually for banks).  Above the chips in the top section are
markings:  UA1 UA2 UA3 UA4... UA16,  and below the bottom are:  UB1 UB2 UB3...
UB16.  The jumpers at J1 and J2 are in place and all memory is being
recognized (shows 1 MB in the Control Panel - RAM Disk menu).  Can anyone
convert these addresses to actual chip locations for me?  Please?  You'd have
the undying gratitude of me and Bob Sharpe. :)

                /    _______________________________________________
 \             / /   ProLine:  pro-nbs!lhaider
  \\\' ,      / //      INET:  lhaider@pro-nbs.cts.com
   \\\//,   _/ //,      UUCP:  crash!pro-nbs!lhaider
    \_-//' /  //<,      ARPA:  crash!pro-nbs!lhaider@nosc.mil
      \ ///  <//`     BITNET:  lhaider%pro-nbs.cts.com@nosc.mil
      /  >>  \\\`__/_
     /,)-^>>\` , \\\   The opinions express here are just opinions.
     (/   \\ /\\\      Don't have a cow man!
         // _//\\\\   -----------------------------------------------
       ((` ((

steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com (Steve Breeding) (04/18/91)

Hi..  I'm in a bad spot...

I've managed to destroy ALL of my copies of the System Software for the
FutureSound Stereo board..    It was sold by Applied Visions, and they have
since gone belly-up, so I can't BUY the software from them...

So, what I'm looking for is for somebody to help me in any way, shape, or
form...

If ANYBODY has any ideas, or can offer any help, I'd be grateful...

Thanks...

----
ProLine:  steveb@pro-novapple
Internet: steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com