[comp.sys.apple2] Fax Modem!!!?????

dewhirst@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/17/91)

What are the fax modem options for the //gs? I have a Datalink 2400 and I
vaguely remember hearing something about a fax chip that is made for it.

Any ideas?

--
Rob Dewhirst
Sysop: The MacRocosm BBS - (913) 841-9446 < --Best route

"A computer without a modem is like a sportscar without wheels --
it's fun to sit behind, but it won't take you anywhere!"

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (04/18/91)

On Tue, 16 Apr 91 23:41:03 GMT <wuarchive!kuhub.cc.ukans.edu!dewhirst@DECWRL.DEC
>What are the fax modem options for the //gs? I have a Datalink 2400 and I
>vaguely remember hearing something about a fax chip that is made for it.
>
>Any ideas?

It's only available for the Datalink Express (as far as Datalinks go).
I don't know if any other modems have that option or not.

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (04/19/91)

In article <9104172313.AA10063@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>It's only available for the Datalink Express (as far as Datalinks go).
>I don't know if any other modems have that option or not.

You can also get a send-fax version of the DataLink 2400 (the internal
one), or you can send your existing DataLink 2400 back to AE with some
$$$ (something like $60-$80) and swap it for one with send-fax.

I'd like to see AE add MNP to the DataLink 2400; that would be much
more useful than send-fax, IMHO.

Support Operation Apple Storm!          / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/