[comp.sys.apple2] AGATE 069 query

lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden ext. 2487) (04/19/91)

I got it, downloaded, unpacked it.  I tried to start it on my
IIgs using a serial port rather than a serial card.  I got an
initial menu with no idea of how to respond to it.  I pressed some keys
and the menu went away.  I was left with a blank screen and no idea
what to do next.  I type OA-? and was told that OA-A would let me
configure some parms.  It let me select 2400 baud.

What key strokes are needed to start using this bugger.
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27@cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (04/19/91)

lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden ext. 2487) writes:

>I got it, downloaded, unpacked it.  I tried to start it on my
>IIgs using a serial port rather than a serial card.  I got an
>initial menu with no idea of how to respond to it.  I pressed some keys
>and the menu went away.  I was left with a blank screen and no idea
>what to do next.  I type OA-? and was told that OA-A would let me
>configure some parms.  It let me select 2400 baud.

>What key strokes are needed to start using this bugger.

They must be in caps, as far as I can tell.  Open-Apple-Shift-?, for example.

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (04/20/91)

From lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden ext. 2487):

> What key strokes are needed to start using this bugger.

    If you can get to the help screen using OA-?, then you're in good shape,
because all the commands are listed there.  When you're at the bps menu (after
hittinh OA-A), use the left/right arrow keys to bring different config
screens.

Brian T. Tao   *B-) |  t569taob@bluffs.scar.utoronto.ca  | "Though this be
U of Metro Toronto  |               - or -               |  madness, yet there
Scarberia, ON       |        taob@pnet91.cts.com         |  is method in 't."