[comp.sys.apple2] 56k Super Serial Card

acct069@CARROLL1.CC.EDU (Ron) (04/17/91)

A back issue of Computer Shopper Mag. had an article on how to make your
Super Serial Card run at greater than 56k baud.  I was wondering if anyone
has kept a copy of this article and would be willing for forward it to me.
I've checked the local libraries to no avail.  The article was written by
Don Lancaster (Apple // Guru).

The reason I'm looking for this, is that I recently purchased a USRobotics
Dual Standard Modem and would like to be able to transmit data to it as
fast as it can accept it (38.4k).  As far as I know, the SSC can only
achieve 19.2k baud.

Thanks,
--
Ron                      | Lightning Systems, INC. | Apple // Forever!
acct069@carroll1.cc.edu  | (414) 363-4282  60megs  | I feel the need

tsang@sturgeon.cs.washington.edu (Donald Tsang) (04/17/91)

In article <> acct069@CARROLL1.CC.EDU (Ron) writes:
>A back issue of Computer Shopper Mag. had an article on how to make your
>Super Serial Card run at greater than 56k baud.  I was wondering if anyone
>has kept a copy of this article and would be willing for forward it to me.
>I've checked the local libraries to no avail.  The article was written by
>Don Lancaster (Apple // Guru).
>
>The reason I'm looking for this, is that I recently purchased a USRobotics
>Dual Standard Modem and would like to be able to transmit data to it as
>fast as it can accept it (38.4k).  As far as I know, the SSC can only
>achieve 19.2k baud.

It wasn't through the Super Serial Card.  It was out of the paddle port.

There were schematics detailing an unshielded, unbuffered serial interface
that plugged into the paddle port, and a custom driver that may or may not
have emulated an SSC's communications.  I don't think it did.

Unfortunately, I don't think I saved my Computer Shoppers (and besides,
they'd be at my parents' house in California).  Someone else have them,
perhaps?

What happened to "Ask the Guru", anyway?  Last time I checked, Computer
Shopper didn't even have an Apple // column anymore...

  Donald Tsang
  tsang@june.cs.washington.edu

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) (04/20/91)

|A back issue of Computer Shopper Mag. had an article on how to make your
|Super Serial Card run at greater than 56k baud.  I was wondering if anyone
|has kept a copy of this article and would be willing for forward it to me.
|I've checked the local libraries to no avail.  The article was written by
|Don Lancaster (Apple // Guru).
|
|The reason I'm looking for this, is that I recently purchased a USRobotics
|Dual Standard Modem and would like to be able to transmit data to it as
|fast as it can accept it (38.4k).  As far as I know, the SSC can only
|achieve 19.2k baud.
|
|Thanks,

I have the article and I think I have all the stuff typed in (schematics, texts
driver, I think)... I might have deleted them.

About the SSC, you could make it go faster but, you'd have to write the
INET: whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com
UUCP: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf
ARPA: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf@nosc.mil