[comp.sys.apple2] End of Apple II

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (04/18/91)

Well, if Apple (Macintosh) Computer, Inc.  decides to axe the last Apple
Computer, we could always get them from USSR (Soviet Union).  Alias RED
Apples, in some Incider mag.  I think I have it....

Anyway some people in USSR took an Apple II changed the keyboard to suit
the language, changed it's outer case, and changed it's name.  All it is,
is a desguised Apple II.

---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support Apple IIgs.
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            |    Apple IIgs Forever
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

6500erik@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Erik Adams) (04/19/91)

In article <8666@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
stuff deleted

>Anyway some people in USSR took an Apple II changed the keyboard to suit
>the language, changed it's outer case, and changed it's name.  All it is,
>is a desguised Apple II.

According to the article, they also changed the character set so
that the computer could display cirrilic letters, and not just have
them printed on the keys of the keyboard.

All of this is done completely ignoring US copywrights.  The article
observed that the "Red Apple" is the only ][ clone with slots.

Erik

mike@maths.tcd.ie (MIKE ROGERS) (04/21/91)

In article <10683@hub.ucsb.edu>, 6500erik@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Erik Adams) wrote:
>All of this is done completely ignoring US copywrights.  The article
>observed that the "Red Apple" is the only ][ clone with slots.

	Ah yes, but this is because Marx hated absolutely the idea of a
company owning intellectual property. There are no copright laws in the
USSR.
--
Mike Rogers,Box 6,Regent Hse,## We're dying from the moment we're conceived,
TCD,EIRE. <mike@maths.tcd.ie>##	Time wins, always.