[comp.sys.apple2] FTA

u9050728@cs.uow.edu.au (Shane Kelvin Richards) (03/27/91)

	Hello. I am wondering if anyone knows what has happened to FTA? Are
they still around, if so, what are they working on? what is their latest
demo/game? Does anyone know what has happened to their book? Has it been
released? If so, where can I order it? How much is it? what language is it
in?
	Also, everyone seems to be voicing their opinion in reguards to
what Apple is doing to the Apple // Range, but I am interested to know
what the Apple // Programmers at Apple feel, people like Andy?

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/30/91)

I have an FTA program, Modulae.  It's a DEMO from 1990.  It's ROM 3
compatible, loads in 15 sec. lasts for 45 min, and uses cool
sound/graphics.  I'd like to get a catalog too if anyone has an E-Mail or
Snail Mail address..

        Adam
---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

asong@pro-nbs.cts.com (Andi Song) (03/31/91)

        As far as I know, the latest FTA offering is the Christmas Demo, a
light-hearted response to BullWinkle Moose's Summer Demo. It is basically a
collection of demos, each really nice.

        If you have never seen the Christmas Demo, I suggest that you go to
any length to find a copy. This is by far the best demo that FTA has put
out for the IIGS.

        After all, if Apple won't support the GS, it's a little reassuring
to know that somebody in France will! :)

        If anyone knows of any FTA's that are out after the Christmas Demo,
please let us know. FTA never ceases to amaze me when it comes to tweaking
the GS to its highest potentials.

        Now if only FTA would come out with a complete program,
anything, whether it be a game or other program, we could have the Mac
users crying themselves to sleep!

BTW, can someone post a list of all the FTA offerings to date? I'd like to
know which ones I need to get.

                                                                Andi Song
----
ProLine:  asong@pro-nbs
Internet: asong@pro-nbs.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-nbs!asong
ARPA:     crash!pro-nbs!asong@nosc.mil

swalker@phobos.unm.edu (04/01/91)

Just wanted to say that FTA are the most awesome GS dudes on the
face of the earth (next to GSA and DYA of course).

Also, I wanted to say that there are two mini demos on America
On Line, but I don't know if they came out after the Xmas demo.

swalker@phobos.unm.edu

Apple rules so support it!

awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (King Lerch) (04/19/91)

Oh, I also have another FTA game called Space Shark. It's like defender
although it's ALOT harder. Real good sound though. I know they've done some
more individually although I can't think of what off hand.

                        -King Lerch

awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (King Lerch) (04/19/91)

I KEEP SEEING THIS SAME COMMENT:
>FTA???????
>I hope that they produce a game or something..possibly shareware or
>just totally freeware, maybe?  Demos are cool for awhile, but I'd like to
>actually play something by them...They came close with Space Harrier, but

They HAVE made a game (not a great game, but no one said they were great
game-makers) Their game is called Mini Prix, released late last year. I think
there are two versions although I only have the French one. The game is fairly
self explanitory. There are docs but I think they're in French also. I haven't
checked recently. So please, check your facts before making comments/
accusations like these.

 _     _                          _                                   _
| |   / )                        | |                                 | |
| |  / /  _                      | |                                 | |
| | / /  (_) _   ____    ______  | |       ______    _   __    ____  | |
| | \ \  | ||  _/   | |(____    || |     \  _____/__|  _/    | |   __|  ___  |
| |  \ \ | || |     | | \/\/)   )| |_____ \ \____/ /| |      | |__/ /| (   ) |
|_|   \_)|_||_|     |_| ____/  / |_______) \______/ |_|       \____/ |_|   |_|
                       (______/

                                 AWG0971@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU

In article <1991Apr18.202958.21871@isc.rit.edu> awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu writes:
>Oh, I also have another FTA game called Space Shark. It's like defender
>although it's ALOT harder. Real good sound though. I know they've done some
>more individually although I can't think of what off hand.

	I think it's more like Gorgon, a Defender-like game. That is,
it IS like Defender, but is closer to Gorgon.
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! WANT ULTIMA VI //e or GS?-mail me.\
\CHEAP CDs info-mail me. McIntosh Junior:  The Power to Crush the Other Kids. /

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (04/21/91)

awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (King Lerch) writes:

>They HAVE made a game (not a great game, but no one said they were great
>game-makers) Their game is called Mini Prix, released late last year. I think
>there are two versions although I only have the French one. The game is fairly

That's supposed to be a game?? The only thing I saw was a french 'demo' version
that barely worked!! It crashed more easily than NeXT O/S .8 !!

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

P.S. I agree with Unknown, you oughtta put your .sig on a diet.

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) (04/22/91)

Somebody wrote this:

>FTA???????
>I hope that they produce a game or something..possibly shareware or
>just totally freeware, maybe?  Demos are cool for awhile, but I'd like to
>actually play something by them...They came close with Space Harrier, but

	What I've heard is that the FTA is working on a game called
Blue Helmet....  it will be a pole position style arcade game...
whether or not it will be totally done is beyond me though....

Steven Chiang                  Coming Soon:  DreamGrafix  3200 color power
stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
America On_Line:  DWS Steve    Apple IIgs Forever!
#  With a 4 line .sig, which is all my mailer will post!  :P  #

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (04/22/91)

On Thu, 18 Apr 91 21:27:48 GMT <info-apple-request@APPLE.COM> said:
>Oh, I also have another FTA game called Space Shark. It's like defender
>although it's ALOT harder. Real good sound though. I know they've done some
>more individually although I can't think of what off hand.
>
>                        -King Lerch

Could you send that to Apple2-L?

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

meekins@anaconda.cis.ohio-state.edu (Tim Meekins) (04/22/91)

In article <9104212001.AA16691@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>On Thu, 18 Apr 91 21:27:48 GMT <info-apple-request@APPLE.COM> said:
>>Oh, I also have another FTA game called Space Shark. It's like defender
>>although it's ALOT harder. Real good sound though. I know they've done some
>>more individually although I can't think of what off hand.
>
>Could you send that to Apple2-L?

Well, considering it's a commercial game, I don't think that would be such
a great idea. It can be mail-ordered through LRO.

--
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|