[comp.sys.apple2] Duodisk

gregoryj@pro-beagle.cts.com (Gregory Jensen) (01/07/91)

I have recently purchased a //gs Rom01.  I have also horsetraded for a //e
with a DuoDisk.  This is an older DuoDisk and I did the capacitor fix.  It
seems to me that I had this drive hooked up to my gs system with an UniDisk
3.5 and all was fine.  This must have been before the modification of the
DuoDisk.  Now when the UniDisk is hooked to the smart port with the DuoDisk
chained off it, the gs won't see slot 5(UniDisk 3.5).  The DuoDisk works fine
on the //e and the UniDisk runs a Laser 5.25 drive fine, but they won/t work
together.  I called Apple's 800 support number and they say there is a
Technical Servic Bulletin for this combo, but I do't have access to Applelink
any longer. (I resigned from an Apple dealer two weeks ago.)  Does any body
have any info on this fix?  Thanks-Greg Jensen

jeffw@pro-gateway.cts.com (Jeff Woods) (01/10/91)

I have a Woz edition ][GS with ROM 01, a single Apple 3.5, and a Duo-Disc
also.  I have the DuoDisk chained from the 3.5 and although I know about the
hardware mod that Apple says needs to be done to my DuoDisk, I have never done
it.  In 4 full years, I have not had any problems that I think were related to
it.  Perhaps if you back out the hardward mod?  I'm just guessing, but I hope
you figure out a solution.  Good Luck!

  Internet/ProLine: <LOGIN>@pro-gateway.cts.com
+-----------+ UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!<LOGIN>
|Pro-Gateway| ARPA: crash!pro-gateway!<LOGIN>@nosc.mil
|214/6445113| America Online: JeffDWoods
+-Dallas,TX-+

sb@pnet91.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (04/22/91)

Does no one remember the hack to make an older Duodisk work through the GS'
smartport? :(       I have read that AOL has this info. AOL is not available
in Canada. Can anyone make a friendly inquiry for me...? Thanks.

P.S. I have attempted to send mail thanks to those who have helped me before,
but mail seems to bounce back.

| Stephen Brown                           Toronto, Canada |
| Internet: sb@pnet91.cts.com      UUCP: utzoo!pnet91!sb  |
| Apple II Forever !!!                                    |
| Like my new .signature. ?    Too bad.                   |