[comp.sys.apple2] Help with Complete Pascal

ckoprows@ub.d.umn.edu (christopher koprowski) (04/18/91)

I just started doing some programming with Complete Pascal, formely TML
pascal, and was having troulbe trying to write a packed array this is what it
my declartions looks like.

type
   Let = packed array [1..20] of char;
   NameArray = array [1..20] of Let;

Name : NameArray;

I then read in the data and get no errors there but when I try to write the
data I get "Error in type of standard Subprogram prameter" this is my
printout statement.

for Counter := 1 to do
   writeln ( Name [Count]);

I have no idea as to what the problem, I probaly could read every character
in the packed array but then that would defeate the whole purpose of using
the packed array, this works fine on the schools Unix machine and I just
thought that I could just write it on my GS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ckoprows@ub.d.umn.edu

rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Robert Hood) (04/22/91)

Your printout statement, you said, was this:

for Counter := 1 to do
   writeln ( Name [Count]);

That has two errors in it.  First, you never specify an ending argument for
the loop.  "For Counter := 1 to" what?  The second error is a logic error:
"Counter" and "Count" do not denote the same variable.  If both variables
exist in the program, you'll get a list of numerous copies of one element.
If either is undefined, you'll get an error message.

Does that help?
----
ProLine:  rhood@pro-gsplus                 | "Wherever you go...there you are."
Internet: rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com         |     -- Buckaroo Banzai
UUCP:     crash!pro-gsplus!rhood           | Wanted: An unZIPper for a II!
ARPA:     crash!pro-gsplus!rhood@nosc.mil  | If you have one, let's chat!