[comp.sys.apple2] Send mail to AppleLink

mdj@nic.cerf.net (Mark de Jong) (04/24/91)

Is there any way to send mail from the Internet to Apple's AppleLink?
(I'm not referring to what is now America Online)

Please responses to "mdj@pro-mdj" thanks.

	-- Mark

stadler@Apple.COM (Andy Stadler) (04/24/91)

In article <347@nic.cerf.net> mdj@nic.cerf.net (Mark de Jong) writes:
>Is there any way to send mail from the Internet to Apple's AppleLink?
>(I'm not referring to what is now America Online)

Easy.  Just send to applelink-account-name@applelink.apple.com.  For example,
you could write to me at  stadler1@applelink.apple.com

Note the extra digit in my applelink account name.  This is non-standard.  The
two mail systems (AppleLink and Unix) maintain separate name spaces, and that
for many (perhaps most) employees, our AppleLink account names do not match our
vax/internet account names.

Andy Stadler
Apple Computer, Inc.
Internet:  stadler@apple.com