[comp.sys.apple2] About bashing Apple employees....

sxaeg@acad3.alaska.edu (greenwalt art e) (04/24/91)

  Usually, but for asking for help with problems,
I am pretty quiet on here.  But the recent spate of
innuendo against Dave and Andy specifically, Apple
employees who post here in general kinda rings an
alarm in me of extreme injustice.
  We II users feel like the forgotten children often
and I myself despair what our status is at Apple. At
the same time, though, I see people like Dave, like
Andy, and..before he understandably ceased posting, Matt
working for Apple and trying to help here as best they
can.  I also see a lot of "gimme inside info" postings
which are basically not only frustrating to the poster
and any Apple employees reading them but really serve
no useful purpose.
  In a time when we need all the help and support we
can get, some of the postings are alienating the very
Apple employees who are trying to do their best by we,
the user community.  I don't blame Matt for no longer
posting here.  I wouldn't either if I was being flamed
rather than being asked constructive questions.
 We all know Apple has a policy of not revealing status,
etc. of at least II products they are working on.  To
ask Dave or Andy or Matt to go against that policy not only
would be useless should they agree for the future could
alter the project condiserably but it would endanger their
positions. The last think we need to do is get the people
who listen to us fired.
  So...Dave (who is trying to help me with a most perplexing
problem my GS has), Andy (who's ShrinkIt truly is a classic),
and Matt (if you read this I've enjoyed your postings and would
welcome you back)....you are very appreciated for what you do
try to do in this forum.  I hope those who choose to denigrate
will not drive ya'll away.

max@compaq.com (Max Heffler) (04/24/91)

sxaeg@acad3.alaska.edu (greenwalt art e) writes:

>  So...Dave (who is trying to help me with a most perplexing
>problem my GS has), Andy (who's ShrinkIt truly is a classic),
>and Matt (if you read this I've enjoyed your postings and would
>welcome you back)....you are very appreciated for what you do
>try to do in this forum.  I hope those who choose to denigrate
>will not drive ya'll away.

Yes, guys.  There is a lot of unspoken (unposted) appreciation for you
floating around the net.  I just wanted to post mine.

Thank you Dave, Andy, (and Matt if you can hear me)...
--
Max Heffler, Senior Software Engineer        internet: max@compaq.com
Compaq Computer Corporation     uucp: ..!uunet!max@compaq.com