[comp.sys.apple2] Synthetic speech

alb@cognos.UUCP (Al Belyea) (04/14/91)

In article <51445@apple.Apple.COM> dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) writes:
>In article <8472@crash.cts.com> ryanb@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Ryan Baucom) writes:
>>Once I saw the synthetic speech tools...  If I'm not mistaken, there
>>were two, one for male voice and one for female.  I believe they were
>>TOOL 050 and TOOL 051...   They were with some shareware/PD game called
>>"Bouncing Bluster".  I could never get the game to go past the title screen
>These sound like the tools that are (were?) available through TML Systems
>product; as I recall First Byte had some pretty stiff licensing terms, but
>you should contact them directly for definitive information...don't rely
>on my memory!).

I would love to contact them for more information.

Does anyone happen to have the address/telephone number of either Complete
Technologies Inc., or First Byte?

Neither one of these companies seems to have a very high profile. I haven't
seen any ads for their Pascal System at all (ie. the old TML Pascal). Are
they still producing it and are they even in business still?
Can anyone comment on the quality of speech obtained thru using these tools?
Has anyone actually tried them?

Thanks.

--
Allan Belyea              UUCP:                          3755 Riverside Dr.
Cognos Incorporated       alb@cognos                     P.O. Box 9707

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (04/25/91)

In article <9533@cognos.UUCP> alb@cognos.UUCP (Al Belyea) writes:
>Does anyone happen to have the address/telephone number of either Complete
>Technologies Inc., or First Byte?

  Complete Technology
  2443 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 221
  Denver, CO 80222

  (303) 758-0920

  First Byte
  Clauset Centre
  3100 S. Harbor Blvd S.
  Santa Ana, CA 92704

  (714) 432-1740
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.