fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr21.235141.18491@ims.alaska.edu> asslk@acad2.alaska.edu writes:
>In article <1991Apr17.022310.25618@isc.rit.edu>, awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (King Lerch) writes...
[most of sig removed]
>>| |  \ \ | || |     | | \/\/)   )| |_____ \ \____/ /| |      | |__/ /| (   ) |
>>|_|   \_)|_||_|     |_| ____/  / |_______) \______/ |_|       \____/ |_|   |_|
>>                       (______/
>>
>>                                 AWG0971@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU

>I admit that it looks nice, and probabl took time to create - but don't you
>think it takes up a little bit much space...and time to display?

I suggested that to him.  Here's his response:

-From AWG0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu Tue Mar 26 13:58:16 1991
-Date: Tue, 26 Mar 91 16:55 EST
-From: KING LERCH <AWG0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
-Subject: Re: Your signature...
-
-I'll let you know if I want your opinion....
-
- _     _                           _                                   _
-| |   / )                         | |                                 | |
[rest of huge signature deleted, again]

Perhaps he would care more if he received a few hundred letters...

I strongly encourage everybody to send a (polite) message to Mr. Gottlob,
suggesting that he trim his enormous .signature back a bit.  I have seen
at least 3 postings like this one on c.s.a2 in the past few weeks, but
apparently they haven't had any effect.

So, it's up to all of you.  Or root@ritvax.isc.rit.edu if it gets completely
out of control.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
..!ucbvax!cory!fadden

2hnemarrow@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/22/91)

In article <12926@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) writes:

> I strongly encourage everybody to send a (polite) message to Mr. Gottlob,
> suggesting that he trim his enormous .signature back a bit.  I have seen
> at least 3 postings like this one on c.s.a2 in the past few weeks, but
> apparently they haven't had any effect.
>
> So, it's up to all of you.  Or root@ritvax.isc.rit.edu if it gets completely
> out of control.

I like it.
--
 __________________________________ ___________________________________________

  As any politician will tell you, ! 2hnemarrow@kuhub.cc.ukans <- till 5/15
  you can fool all the people some | PPark@volta.ece.ukans.edu <- blech!
  of  the  time,  and  some of the ! Preston Park at Macrocosm BBS 913-841-9446
  people all the time, and usually | * Christopher Robin at Bloom County BBS
  that's enough.   -- Robert Orben !                        313-582-0888 (MI)
 __________________________________|___________________________________________

reb@pro-rebel.cts.com (System Administrator) (04/25/91)

I like it too (the first three or four times).  It DOES take time, space,
and gets REAL OLD, REAL FAST.
----
ProLine:  reb@pro-rebel           (Richard Bryant) | 500th MI Brigade, Box116
Internet: reb@pro-rebel.cts.com                    | APO SF 96343-0091
UUCP:     crash!pro-rebel!reb                      | 24 Hours, up to 2400 Baud
ARPA:     crash!pro-rebel!reb@nosc.mil             | 011-81-3117-33-6301

drudman@hpcc01.HP.COM (Drew Rudman) (04/25/91)

I did!  Hope his mailbox explodes...

| Drew Rudman                  | 9600 HST                             60 megs |
|  drewr@hpiosa.corp.hp.com or |                  The Charge                  |
|  Axe Slinger (#1) on   The   |    IBM/Apple                    24 hrs/day   |
|                       Charge |        (415) 321-4713 - Menlo Park, CA       |