[comp.sys.apple2] dislike of general business practices

davewh@microsoft.UUCP (04/22/91)

ACMFIU asks unknown about why he supports his GS after getting riled
up about Nintendo. ACMFIU suggests that Apple simply license their
stuff instead of suing the world.

What I'm about to say is MY OPINION ONLY and will attempt to stick
with the facts:

Microsoft *did* license technology from Apple in order to write
Windows. It is Apple's claim that version 2.0.3 and later versions of
Windows violates the license. That is why Apple is suing. It's a
different matter entirely. Apple isn't suing because it's fun - Apple
is suing because they believe that legal agreements have been broken.

Now whether or not agreements have been broken is another issue.
Whether or not Apple has the right to claim ownership is another
issue. I will stay out of the argument of Apple's claim to ownership
for obvious reasons.

If you don't like a company claiming ownership for what it develops
then you'd better stop buying software altogether. Write your own and
don't get any ideas from existing software or someone will sue *you*
(unless, of course, you license).

Dave Whitney	Microsoft Corp, Work Group Apps  dcw@goldilocks.lcs.mit.edu or
I wrote Z-Link and BinSCII - send me bug reports. {...}!uunet!microsoft!davewh
I only work here. All opinions herein aren't Bill's, they're mine.
"We're samplin' - Yeah we're doin' it. We take good music an' we ruin it."
   -- "Rap Isn't Music"

EWINGRA@CTRVAX.VANDERBILT.EDU (04/24/91)

Dave's Whitney's sig says:

>"We're samplin' - Yeah we're doin' it. We take good music an' we ruin it."
>   -- "Rap Isn't Music"

Yo, babee.  Since when is my rap not real music? Some of us home-boys like
to mix and scratch it up on the dance floor, so don't get raw!

--D.J. "SlickRick" Ewing
  Vanderbilt University

P.S. OK, so I hate Country music and Heavy Metal.  So sue me.  I dare ya'.

I409@DMAFHT1.BITNET (KRS) (04/24/91)

Yo homies|
I wanted to drop these lines to Dave W. some time ago...
Rap IS music - and to speak with the words of STETSA:
"rap brings back old R&B and if we would not, people could have
 forgot" ... "you little sucker - you're talking all that jazz|"

signed
DJ KRS-milk|

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (04/25/91)

On Wed, 24 Apr 91 11:23:38 GMT KRS said:
>Yo homies|
>I wanted to drop these lines to Dave W. some time ago...
>Rap IS music - and to speak with the words of STETSA:
>"rap brings back old R&B and if we would not, people could have
> forgot" ... "you little sucker - you're talking all that jazz|"

Just curious.... WHAT in the WORLD are you talking about?

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Dave Huang) (04/25/91)

In article <9104250048.AA26881@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>On Wed, 24 Apr 91 11:23:38 GMT KRS said:
>>Yo homies|
>>I wanted to drop these lines to Dave W. some time ago...
>>Rap IS music - and to speak with the words of STETSA:
>>"rap brings back old R&B and if we would not, people could have
>> forgot" ... "you little sucker - you're talking all that jazz|"

>Just curious.... WHAT in the WORLD are you talking about?

I believe it's a reference to Dave Whitney's .sig, which has a line
from "Rap Isn't Music" (which, I've never heard of, BTW).

--
David Huang                              |
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |    "How much is that hamster