[comp.sys.apple2] Apple II Zmodem - What is Agate 069 ?

jdeitch@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Jonathan Deitch) (04/17/91)

I've seen (and received) many responses to my original post on Apple II Zmodem.

Two programs were mentioned (other than ProTerm) :

1) Modem MGR. -- I'm following up on a lead on this one ...

2) Agate 069 -- I have no idea where, when, or how to get ahold of this one.

Does anyone know if Agate 069 is Shareware or Commercial software ?

Someone please send some info on Agate 069 !!

thanks,

- Jonathan
Internet : jdeitch@umiami.miami.edu               | "Good musicians execute
------------------------------------------------- |  their music but bad ones
"I'm a Time Lord.  I walk in eternity !" - Dr Who |  murder it !!! "

stuckey@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Anthony J. Stuckey) (04/20/91)

jdeitch@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Jonathan Deitch) writes:

>Two programs were mentioned (other than ProTerm) :

>2) Agate 069 -- I have no idea where, when, or how to get ahold of this one.
   -- wuarchive.wustl.edu has a copy of agate... not xsure of the version,
it dies horribly on my laser128.

--
Anthony J. Stuckey
stuckey@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Robert Hood) (04/26/91)

Re: Agate 069 dies horribly on your Laser 128

Which Laser do you have (128/EX/EX2), and which ROM version are you
running?

See, I've been looking into getting a copy of Agate, and I have a 128EX
with ROM 5.0.  (Actually, I normally run under ROM 4.2, since my 5.0 chip
has heating problems....)
----
ProLine:  rhood@pro-gsplus                 | "Wherever you go...there you are."
Internet: rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com         |     -- Buckaroo Banzai
UUCP:     crash!pro-gsplus!rhood           | Wanted: An unZIPper for a II!
ARPA:     crash!pro-gsplus!rhood@nosc.mil  | If you have one, let's chat!