[comp.sys.apple2] unZip for //e

georgeb@seer.UUCP (George Bako) (04/24/91)

  Is there an UnZip program for Apple //'s out there?  I need
one that will run on an enhanced //e with 128k..  I d/l a lot
of .zip files from an ibm board in my area, but I have no way
to unzip them.  If anybody has one that can work on a //e, can
you please binscii it and mail me a copy, or post it to
comp.binaries.apple2?  Thanks a LOT!

--
=======================================//         I didn't do it,
 UUCP: georgeb@seer.mystic.com        //     nobody saw me do it,   -- Bart

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (04/25/91)

The much-talked-about Agate 0.69 has an unZIP utility built-in.

Scott Alfter-----------------------------_/_----------------------------
Call the Skunk Works BBS (702) 896-2676 / v \ 6 PM-6 AM 300/1200/2400
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( Apple II:
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/ the power to be your best!

I409@DMAFHT1.BITNET (krs) (04/25/91)

Well all I know is that some filks droped a ZIP/UNZIP EXE-Shell applic. for
the GS recently. Maybe they know more...

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (04/26/91)

From georgeb@seer.UUCP (George Bako):

>   Is there an UnZip program for Apple //'s out there?  I need
> one that will run on an enhanced //e with 128k..  I d/l a lot
> of .zip files from an ibm board in my area, but I have no way
> to unzip them.  If anybody has one that can work on a //e, can

    Since the source of your zipped files is through the modem, why don't you
give Agate 0.69 a try?  I've never tried this feature, but it apparently has
automatic, on-the-fly, un-ZIPping of downloaded files.  As a terminal program,
it's not that hot, but you could use it for downloading purposes only.  Plus
it supports ZModem better than ProTerm.

Brian T. Tao   *B-) |  t569taob@bluffs.scar.utoronto.ca  | "Though this be
U of Metro Toronto  |               - or -               |  madness, yet there
Scarberia, ON       |        taob@pnet91.cts.com         |  is method in 't."

express@pro-grouch.cts.com (Jeff Goodman) (04/27/91)

I would once again like to throw my 2 cents worth in, please if someone
could come up with an unzip program that would work on the IIe, I for one
would be in there debt!