[comp.sys.apple2] Help with orbizone!

platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) (04/27/91)

This is in response to the orbizone turning things purple problem....

I never had any trouble with orbizone, but give this a try, and if it doesn't
work, then supply more information telling exactly what appears purple (text
mode, graphics mode, etc.).  First try the self test:
Option-OpenApple-Control-Reset
This should check out ok, then reset your system to factory settings:
Option-Control-Reset     Then choose reset system w 60 Hz.  (Option 1 I think)

If that doesn't cure your problem, then like I said, give some more information.

Platkus

platkus@ecn.purdue.edu

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Neil Runyon) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr26.181515.29546@en.ecn.purdue.edu> platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) writes:
>This is in response to the orbizone turning things purple problem....

[cut]
>Platkus
>
>platkus@ecn.purdue.edu

	The problem was not with Orbizone, but with the cable to the monitor.
The cable had been bumped, but only enough to cause the purple color.

	Nice easy fix...

	Neil -

---------------------------- Baltimore Orioles! ----------------------------
Neil M. Runyon		     | "The Few. The Proud. The Stupid. The Inept."
University of Utah - CS Dept | "It's more than a job. It's a misadventure."
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu    | 	          - Phule's Company [Robert Asprin]

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (04/27/91)

From 252u3744@fergvax.unl.edu (Jerry Annin):

> PLEASe somebody help me fix this.  It doesn't go away even after the
> power is shut off for a long time.  It doesn't go away no matter what
> I do.  I tried resetting all the settings and to no avail.  All my
> programs see purple when they swear that they are showing white.

    Biz-z-z-z-zare... When you say all your white is replaced by purple, I
hope you are talking about the text screen only?  Like if you are running
AppleWorks or ProTerm?  If that is the case, then it's a trivial matter
resetting your colours back in the Control Panel (OA-Control-Esc).  But it
seems you've tried that route already.  We can probably rule out a dead
battery, because text would come up white on power-up, and not purple.  Now,
if white pixels in all desktop applications appear purple, then I'm REALLY
confused.  I don't think that is possible.  That means none of your green
phosphors are lighting up.  You CAN still see the colour green in some of your
programs, I trust???

Brian T. Tao   *B-) |  t569taob@bluffs.scar.utoronto.ca  | "Though this be
U of Metro Toronto  |               - or -               |  madness, yet there
Scarberia, ON       |        taob@pnet91.cts.com         |  is method in 't."