[comp.sys.apple2] Apple II upgrades

express@pro-grouch.cts.com (Jeff Goodman) (04/27/91)

*an upgrade path (yes, MS-DOS boxes CAN upgrade.  It's called swapping out
*a motherboard and keeping most of your original system), and just MAYBE
*getting a decent aspect ratio on the screen (my biggest gripe, nothing

Hmm if this is what you call a system upgrade, then us Apple II people can
do this as well.  PC Transporter, it sounds like a good way to wean
yourself off your Apple II, or the Trackstar card for IBM type computers,
so you can keep you old II stuff around and use it if you want, and of
course lets not forget the LC with the IIe card.  Of course, these are all
for the 8 bit Apple II's, but the GS is still somewhat new, and still
supported, use 8 bit users don't see much in the way of support filtering
down to us, even from our bigger 16 bit brother, the Apple IIGS.

My opinions are just that, take it or leave it.