[comp.sys.apple2] Flame-Off!

mjgrimes@pro-shop.cts.com (M.J. Grimes) (04/28/91)

>From Apple (II) Computer People Supporters Alliance (A.C.P.S.A.)
To System Operators on the Net
Subject "Flaming of Apple Employees out of Season"

Of late, several people on the Net have taken to flaming the few Apple
Employees still posting on the Net. As Apple Employees who support the
Apple II have been listed on the ENDANGERED SPECIES list by the United States
Fun & Games Commission, we would like to ask your help in curbing these acts.
These Flames are not having a positive impact on the (Apple II) community as a
whole.
Though these people claim to be acting for survival (they are not eating
what they kill), their actions will have a negative effect on that survival.
Hopefully, with your help, the Apple II Employees will go forth and
multiply, and the (Silicon) Valleys will once again thunder with their
movement.

;)
[ with applogies to the A.S.P.C.A. and the State Fish and Game Commission ]
----
ProLine:  mjgrimes@pro-shop
Internet: mjgrimes@pro-shop.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-shop!mjgrimes
ARPA:     crash!pro-shop!mjgrimes@nosc.mil
America Online: MauriceG1
"Some days, the best it gets is so-so" - Brunacini

vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vernon Williams) (04/29/91)

In article <8874@crash.cts.com> mjgrimes@pro-shop.cts.com (M.J. Grimes) writes:
>>From Apple (II) Computer People Supporters Alliance (A.C.P.S.A.)
>To System Operators on the Net
>Subject "Flaming of Apple Employees out of Season"

It's always out of season in these parts. Just because we're not too crazy
what we think are Apple's policies toward the Apple II (has Apple really
come to any decision? I really don't think that they know what to do with
it yet) we don't have the right to 'flame' the people who are obviously
dedicated to the machine.

		[s  t  u  f  f      d  e  l  e  t  e  d]

>Though these people claim to be acting for survival (they are not eating
>what they kill), their actions will have a negative effect on that survival.
>Hopefully, with your help, the Apple II Employees will go forth and
>multiply, and the (Silicon) Valleys will once again thunder with their
>movement.

I used to work for one of the libraries at Columbia University (I just left
that position so my UNIX account will soon be deleted) and have been on the
other side of this. People used to take it out on me whenever they thought
something was wrong with the library. Sometimes I felt like saying "You
can't find a book...no, no one elsce could possibly be using it! We've
hidden all the books we thought you might be interested in!" since that was
very often what we were accused of.

>;)

>[ with applogies to the A.S.P.C.A. and the State Fish and Game Commission ]

ditto.
>----
>ProLine:  mjgrimes@pro-shop
>Internet: mjgrimes@pro-shop.cts.com
>UUCP:     crash!pro-shop!mjgrimes
>ARPA:     crash!pro-shop!mjgrimes@nosc.mil
>America Online: MauriceG1
>"Some days, the best it gets is so-so" - Brunacini

|Vernon L. Williams         | Electronic Mail:    vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu  |
|ChemLink Customer Support  | Campus Mail:        no longer on campus         |
|Chemical Bank              | Phone Mail:         no phonemail either         |