[comp.sys.apple2] Does anyone really know what time it is?

In article <1991Apr27.121630.30121@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2hnemarrow@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>BTW, why don't you upload your little
>ProDOS MLI call somwhere; like maybe comp.binaries.apple2. (it doesn't have to
>be pretty.)
>--

I hope this doesn't ruin your day, but that MLI call is built into ProDOS and
always has been.  It's called GET_TIME, it's call number $82, has no parameter
list and can't generate an error.  It updates the time on the global page and
is documented on page 71 of the ProDOS 8 Technical Reference Manual (section
4.6.1).

I wonder if Glen Bredon ever figured this out?  Prosel 8 used to call CLOSE(0)
constantly just to update the time for his clock at the bottom of the screen.

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (04/29/91)

In <52102@apple.Apple.COM> mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) writes:

How nice it is to see the name Matt Deatgerage as the author of a message
here on c.s.a2.

Welcome back Matt.... We missed ya!

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu |                         | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (04/30/91)

From bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman):

> In <52102@apple.Apple.COM> mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) writes:
>
> How nice it is to see the name Matt Deatgerage as the author of a message
> here on c.s.a2.

    I wouldn't stick around a place where 90% of the people can't spell my
last name correctly...  ;-)

Brian T. Tao   *B-) |  t569taob@bluffs.scar.utoronto.ca  | "Though this be
U of Metro Toronto  |               - or -               |  madness, yet there
Scarberia, ON       |        taob@pnet91.cts.com         |  is method in 't."