[comp.sys.apple2] FMJ Sound Files for SoftDac?

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (04/30/91)

I'm looking for any Full Metal Jacket sound files for use with SoftDac 128k
version...anybody have any?

Also, are sound files still limited to 70k for SoftDac 128k?

| Move over Rover &  |Email Addresses: Kent Squires "goo goo g'joob"      |
| let Jimi take over!|                Internet: kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu |
| -------------------|                 ProLine: kents@pro-apa             |
| I wouldn't do it   |_______   America OnLine: kents12                   |
| for all the farms in Cuba! |         FidoNet: 233/15  Kent Squires      |
|____________________________|____________________________________________|

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr30.040929.22169@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) writes:
>Also, are sound files still limited to 70k for SoftDac 128k?

Actually, SoftDAC will play sound files up to about 80-85K
(ooh--another whole second of sound :-) ).  This semester's a killer,
and running a BBS means a little less time to play with SoftDAC.  If I
can scrape some time together this summer...

Scott Alfter-----------------------------_/_----------------------------
Call the Skunk Works BBS (702) 896-2676 / v \ 6 PM-6 AM 300/1200/2400
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( Apple II:
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/ the power to be your best!

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (05/01/91)

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) writes:

>In article <1991Apr30.040929.22169@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) writes:
>>Also, are sound files still limited to 70k for SoftDac 128k?

>Actually, SoftDAC will play sound files up to about 80-85K
>(ooh--another whole second of sound :-) ).  This semester's a killer,
>and running a BBS means a little less time to play with SoftDAC.  If I
>can scrape some time together this summer...

I tried a file of about 75k and it gave me a NO BUFFERS AVAILABLE message...

In article <1991Apr30.191015.29479@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) writes:
>I tried a file of about 75k and it gave me a NO BUFFERS AVAILABLE message...

Strange...I've fed SoftDAC 128K files up to about 250K in length and
it would play them.  (Only the first few seconds' worth, though; the
rest of the file was ignored, but I've never gotten an error from
SoftDAC.  Are you loading in any BASIC or BASIC.SYSTEM add-ons before
running SoftDAC?  You're sure to run into memory conflicts if you do.)