[comp.sys.apple2] Choosing a language -- OOPS

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (05/02/91)

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:

>every 128 microseconds. With all the segment registers to bop around (assuming
>a real interrupt handler that does not restore certain registers) I couldn't

A-heh. That's not what I meant of course. What I meant was a real interrupt
handler as opposed to one that does not restore certain registers. (Not that
it matters, the CODEC and DRAM had to be accessed in separate segments from
the rest of the system anyway -- I tried writing a 'hack' interrupt handler
and forbidding the rest of the code to use ES, but it still wasn't fast
enough.)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu