[comp.sys.apple2] FTPs

gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com (Glynne Tolar) (04/30/91)

All of this talk of ftps and me without a way of getting to them.  So guys
is their a way that us non-internet people can get some of this dandy
software?  I've been enjoying comp.binaries.apple2 and thanks to the guy who
made GSCII.  That thing is FAST at 9MHz and a RamFAST.  Thanks in advance
for any response.

We don't care, we don't have to.  We're Apple computer.
----------------------- OR -----------------------------
Apple II forever.  I just love hearing the company LInE.
   Pick your favorite.             gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com
I didn't write the organization or path.  I just use it.

digdug@IASTATE.EDU (05/01/91)

In article <5T4813w164w@xcluud.sccsi.com>, gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com
(Glynne Tolar) writes:
> All of this talk of ftps and me without a way of getting to them.  So
guys
> is their a way that us non-internet people can get some of this dandy
> software?  I've been enjoying comp.binaries.apple2 and thanks to the
guy who
> made GSCII.  That thing is FAST at 9MHz and a RamFAST.  Thanks in
advance
> for any response.
>
> We don't care, we don't have to.  We're Apple computer.
> ----------------------- OR -----------------------------
> Apple II forever.  I just love hearing the company LInE.
>    Pick your favorite.             gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com
> I didn't write the organization or path.  I just use it.

Hmm, what system are you on?

Do you have access to Bitnet?  If you do, you can use it to get to the
FTP sites.

Do you have telnet?  Well, mostly likely you have FTP, if you don't, you
can try telnetting around to a site that does.

Do you have a modem?  If you do, subscribe to a site that does support
FTP(waste of money).

Later,
Doug

parkern@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Neil Parker) (05/01/91)

In article <5T4813w164w@xcluud.sccsi.com> gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com (Glynne Tolar) writes:
>All of this talk of ftps and me without a way of getting to them.  So guys
>is their a way that us non-internet people can get some of this dandy
>software?

The Apple II archives at BROWNVM are accessable by e-mail as well as by ftp.
For a complete list of Apple II files on the server, send a message with
the text

INDEX APPLE2-L

to LISTSERV@brownvm.brown.edu (or LISTSERV@BROWNVM.BITNET).  To get
instructions on using the listserver, send the message

HELP

to the same address.

There is (or was--I haven't checked on it for quite some time) a similar
server at UTARLVM1.BITNET.  It works just like BROWNVM, except that you send
your mail to LISTSERV@UTARLVM1.BITNET instead of LISTSERV@brownvm.brown.edu.
This server tends to emphasize games and game-related files.  (UTARLVM1
also appears to be attached to Internet under the name utarlvm1.uta.edu.)

If you want to get stuff from the other ftp sites by mail, send a message
with the text

HELP

to BITFTP@PUCC.BITNET.  You should get a message back explaining what you
have to do.

(If you have trouble sending to all these Bitnet addresses, try forwarding
through one of the Internet<->Bitnet gateways--for example, use
"LISTSERV%UTARLVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu" instead of
"LISTSERV@UTARLVM1.BITNET".)

          - Neil Parker
--
Neil Parker                 No cute ASCII art...no cute quote...no cute
parkern@jacobs.cs.orst.edu  disclaimer...no deposit, no return...

tnab0@isuvax.iastate.edu (ALLAN) (05/05/91)

Can anyone post a list of good anonymous apple 2 FTP sites and bbs's?

    _.___
  M1 Abrams