[comp.sys.apple2] Agate and parity

eldorado@en.ecn.purdue.edu (David D Jansen) (05/03/91)

Atlast, Zmodem for the II!!!  But woe is me, it won't allow the user to
change the parity!  (Not that I could tell)  This is just a suggestion for
the Author of Agate in his next version.  Also, a variable word size (8 or
7 bits atleast) and Number of stop bits should be included.  Hope this gets
around to him.

Dave
--

The three most dangerous things in the world are a hardware type with a
program patch, a programmer with a soldering iron, and a user with an idea.

psonnek@pro-mansion.cts.com (Patrick Sonnek) (05/04/91)

A dialing directory would be nice to, as well as old fasion XMODEM.

----
ProLine:  psonnek@pro-mansion    Sysop Pro-mansion: 507/726-6181
Internet: psonnek@pro-mansion.cts.com  MCImail:     psonnek
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!psonnek  ARPA: crash!pro-mansion!psonnek@nosc.mil
BITNET:   psonnek%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil
               <<Real programmers don't program in HLL's.>>
               <<HLL's are for wimpy application coders!!>>

camburge@wiffle.techbook.com (Camburger) (05/07/91)

psonnek@pro-mansion.cts.com (Patrick Sonnek) writes:
> A dialing directory would be nice to, as well as old fasion XMODEM.

If you read the documentation, you will see that it does have a version
of "old fahioned" Xmodem, Xmodem 4k, I believe, which should be
compatible with most BBS's using only Xmodem.