[comp.sys.apple2] Apple Trade-up program

szatezal@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Shane M Zatezalo) (05/07/91)

Today the Apple-Trade-In-Program started here at Ohio State University. I
thought some of you might be interested in what kind of cash Apple will
generously give you. Read on.....

Trade-Up Price List: Courtesy of Ohio State & me!

cpu's:
Apple II........c.......... $125.00
                c+......... $150.00
                gs (1 mb).. $200.00
                e (12k).... $100.00
Mac.............128k....... $ 50.00
                512k....... $ 75.00
                512kE...... $150.00
                SE......... $400.00
                Portable... $1900.00
IBM PC Jr.................. $ 35.00
IBM PC..................... $ 50.00
IBM PC XT.................. $ 75.00
IBM PC AT.................. $100.00
IBM Hard drives............ $25.00/10 mb

Disk drives:
Apple IIgs 3.50 Drive...... $35.00
Apple IIgs 5.25 Drive...... $25.00

Imagewriter I.............. $50.00
Imagewriter II............. $100.00
Apple Scanner.............. $300.00

 Shane  szatezal@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu -or- al460@cleveland.freenet.edu

scotth@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Henderson) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May6.172433.21413@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> szatezal@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Shane M Zatezalo) writes:

>Today the Apple-Trade-In-Program started here at Ohio State University. I
>thought some of you might be interested in what kind of cash Apple will
>generously give you. Read on.....

[Prices of Apple Trade Up Program deleted]

> Shane  szatezal@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu -or- al460@cleveland.freenet.edu

Now, go do the same thing that the A2R&D team here at the University of
Illinois did.

Offer prospective trade-uppers 10% more than Apple will give them and buy
cheap stuff.  The Mac SE that one of the A2R&D members bought for $435
has made an outstanding server for our programming parties (right, Tim, Greg
Jawaid, Derek, Rob and Dennis?)

If nothing else, Apple will match the offer that you make those people.

I was kicked out of a University building for trying to do just this
(read the press release a bunch of messages back under the heading
A2R&D vs Apple).  It's made for some interesting news here on campus!

All in all, we prevented Apple from ripping off a lot of people, and did
well for ourselv.  I also recommended to people that they take their e
equipment to the local Apple Reseller here on campus to get a second
opinion as to what their equipment was worth...

Wouldn't you like to get another GS for $200?

-Scott

--
=  R. Scott Henderson		       =   main ()                           =
=  University of Illinois              =   {                                 =

meekins@galley.cis.ohio-state.edu (Tim Meekins) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May6.211205.23275@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> scotth@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Henderson) writes:
>In article <1991May6.172433.21413@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> szatezal@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Shane M Zatezalo) writes:
>>
>>Today the Apple-Trade-In-Program started here at Ohio State University. I
>>thought some of you might be interested in what kind of cash Apple will
>>generously give you. Read on.....
>>
>Now, go do the same thing that the A2R&D team here at the University of
>Illinois did.

Also being an Ohio Stater, maybe I'll go take a look. But, I've got about
a total of $10 to my name right now, that's not going to buy very much.

I did enjoy looking at those prices Shane posted. I feel a lot better now. Look
at what they were paying for those "other" machines (I can't say that name).

>Offer prospective trade-uppers 10% more than Apple will give them and buy
>cheap stuff.  The Mac SE that one of the A2R&D members bought for $435
>has made an outstanding server for our programming parties (right, Tim, Greg
>Jawaid, Derek, Rob and Dennis?)

The server was fun. Too bad certain programs don't follow rules and crash.
(Go ahead, Todd, flame me. :) Oh, I did crash the demo, just like you said
it would.)

>--
>=  R. Scott Henderson		       =   main ()                           =
>=  University of Illinois              =   {                                 =
>=  scotth@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu             =        printf ("hello,world\n");    =
>=  Apple II Forever!	               =   }                                 =

					If you stayed off the modem longer you
					could have gotten father than this :)

--
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (05/08/91)

I wander what they would do if I brought a Mac to the trade-in program
and told them I wanted to trade-up for a GS???

...Just something to ponder :)

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com