[comp.sys.apple2] CDA problems

ternlund@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (John Ternlund) (05/08/91)

Andy Tefft writes:

> CDA has NOT yet credited my credit card. They have 30 days from
> the day I cancelled to make the credit; this would be May 15. The
> credit *should* have gone through on the day I cancelled!
> I have 60 days from the mailing of the bill which showed CDA's
> charge to dispute the charge in writing, which would be June 2.
> I sent in the dispute last week.
> Then there is their attitude when I wanted a credit. They would
> NOT do this, but instead wanted me to let the charge ride on my
> credit card bill, and send them a copy of the statement after
> I paid and they would reimburse me for the interest. The credit
> card company agreed that this would be a stupid thing for me to
> do, and that if they would not give me the credit then I should
> dispute the charge in writing and they'd take care of it. They
> suggested that I tell them to cancel the transaction and re-bill
> it, but I decided just to cancel the order entirely.

  I ordered something from CDA computer sales, and had a VERY similar
problem. The product I recieved and returned was defective, and
looked as if it had already been sent back by another unsatisfied
customer. I gave the company many, many phone calls about crediting
my account back, and was told MANY times I had recieved the credit--
and it would show up in a few billing statements.  Well, to my
knowledge they never did or would have gave me any credit if I had
not spoken with my credit card deparment and had them work it out.
My recommendation to other customers ordering from this company is to
watch out.  Andy, you are NOT the only one they *messed up* on.
I am a student, and don't have money to burn, so I am very careful
with my money. I almost lost a lot ordering from this company.  Luckily,
I have a good bank, and have had no problems in the past with my
credit, or mail order companies.

  Can anyone recommend some of the GOOD Apple II mail ordering companies
which are still around today?
--

                 John Ternlund / Colorado State University
                          Junior - Computer Science

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (05/08/91)

ternlund@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (John Ternlund) writes:

>  Can anyone recommend some of the GOOD Apple II mail ordering companies
>which are still around today?

I like LRO Computer Sales. They had a lot of trouble last summer but seem
to be pretty solid now. Their ad in Incider has gone from a classified to
a full page opposite the table of contents, so they must be doing something
right.

I have bought three products from them (GS Sauce, RamFast, Audio Animator)
and have been quite pleased with their service (although they could have
sent the AA receipt in the box with it instead of by mail a few days later).

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May8.003910.8274@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>ternlund@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (John Ternlund) writes:
>
>>  Can anyone recommend some of the GOOD Apple II mail ordering companies
>>which are still around today?
>
>I like LRO Computer Sales. They had a lot of trouble last summer but seem
>to be pretty solid now. Their ad in Incider has gone from a classified to

I've always been hip to Programs Plus- their prices are pretty good, they've
been around for a long time, and they don't operate out of a garage like LRO
seems to.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               |  "Twenty seven faces- with their eyes turned to
Senior/Computer Engineering |    the sky. I have got a camera, and an airtight

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (05/08/91)

In article <14771@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> ternlund@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (John Ternlund) writes:
>  Can anyone recommend some of the GOOD Apple II mail ordering companies
>which are still around today?

I've ordered some stuff from Quality Computers and have never had any
trouble dealing with them.  One time, they goofed when they took my
order (they transcribed the credit card number incorrectly).  To make
up for it, they sent the order by 2nd-day delivery so that it would
arrive when they said it should--and I didn't pay anything extra!

A2-Central is also interesting in that they have some stuff (like hard
cards) that you won't find anything else.  If you don't mind slightly
higher prices, they have some unique wares.

Call the Skunk Works BBS (702) 896-2676 / v \ 6 PM-6 AM PT 300/1200/2400
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( Apple II:
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/ the power to be your best!