[comp.sys.apple2] Window menu bars

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (05/05/91)

how do i create and control a window menu bar?

albert

$CSQ320@SN01.SNCC.LSU.EDU (John Mills) (05/05/91)

>how do i create and control a window menu bar?
>
>albert

Grab the latest issue of GS+ mag. (March/April '91 -- Vol.2, Num.4) for
a very nice example of doing this.  I think it's in the source code for
the EgoEd NDA.
  --- John M.

-----------------------------------
 INet: $csq320@lsuvax.sncc.lsu.edu
 Genie: J.Mills11
-----------------------------------

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (05/10/91)

In article <B1096B5E88201174@LSUVAX.SNCC.LSU.EDU> $CSQ320@SN01.SNCC.LSU.EDU (John Mills) writes:
>>how do i create and control a window menu bar?
>>
>>albert
>
>Grab the latest issue of GS+ mag. (March/April '91 -- Vol.2, Num.4) for
>a very nice example of doing this.  I think it's in the source code for
>the EgoEd NDA.
>  --- John M.
>
>-----------------------------------
> INet: $csq320@lsuvax.sncc.lsu.edu
> Genie: J.Mills11
>-----------------------------------

you can also take a look at Tech Note #3 which, for us poor folks, seems
to be the best choice. there's source code there and it doesn't look all
that complicated. note that if you use Genesys to create your resources,
at least with v1.2.4 which i have, you'll have to change the wFrame bit
in the window resource to match what the tech note says. i don't think
genesys has a way of doing this now. i've asked for it to be added so i
hope it will be.

the problem comes into to play with the window being visible and you having
an information bar with the pointer to the routine to draw the information
bar set to $00. some problem, huh.

albert