[comp.sys.apple2] My IIgs crashes- Help!

tlhayes@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Zatar) (05/07/91)

I have an Apple IIgs with a Vulcan 40 and System Saver.  My machine has been
having the bad habit of just suddenly crashing to a low-res screen, and/or
rebooting, but keyboard control is totally gone.  Which is strange, as the mouse
still works fine.  This happens whether or not my computer is actually plugged
into the system saver.  It hasn't caused any permenant damage that I can tell,
but becomes extremely annoying.  Can anyone identify my problem?  Is it just
power surges?  I don't think anyone else here with IBM clones is having a
problem with them, so I don't think that's the answer.  Is this something one
surge could start?  What should I do?  It's not something that's easy to
demonstrate for a repairman...
						Zatar
						tlhayes@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
						or (after May 9)
						kstlh@alaska.bitnet
						or
						kstlh@acad1.alaska.edu

granite@pro-merlin.cts.com (George 'Chip' Griffin) (05/13/91)

Do you have a TransWarp GS?

I was having similar problems with my TransWarp ...