[comp.sys.apple2] GS Term Progs

taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) (05/12/91)

From kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Dave Sim's Ugly Brother):

> #1, the editor is FAR too small.  I have 3.8Megs of scollback and only
> 40K of editor.  Excuse me?  That's just silly.

    How did you get that much?  I have 4.25 megs but ProTerm only gives me
2730K of scrollback and a 45K editor.  I'm not complaining (who would ever
use up 2,800,000 bytes of scrollback in one sitting anyway?) but I could
never figure out why ProTerm didn't recognize all my RAM.  There is still
about 530K it isn't using.

--
Brian T. Tao   *B-)  |  taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca  |  "Though this be
2705-1510 Riverside  |           - or -          |   madness, yet there

SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU (05/13/91)

>> #1, the editor is FAR too small.  I have 3.8Megs of scollback and only
>> 40K of editor.  Excuse me?  That's just silly.
>
>    How did you get that much?  I have 4.25 megs but ProTerm only gives me
>2730K of scrollback and a 45K editor.  I'm not complaining (who would ever
>use up 2,800,000 bytes of scrollback in one sitting anyway?) but I could
>never figure out why ProTerm didn't recognize all my RAM.  There is still
>about 530K it isn't using.

	Well for starters, /RAM drives takes off whatever you have
allocated for it, and if you're launching from GS/OS, you're going to
lose the space allocated for it along with any fonts and da's that you
have loaded into memory. If you have some soundsmith song going, thats
going to hack off some memory too. It just depeneds on how big your O/S
is.

							- Hal

| Hal Bouma				| Send mail to: SHBoum@Macalstr.edu    |
| Macalester College, St. Paul, MN.	| and 		SHBoum@Macalstr.Bitnet |
| Coming this fall for the //GS: NBA!	| GEnie : H.BOUMA		       |

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Dave Huang) (05/13/91)

In article <4VBu23w162w@micor.ocunix.on.ca> taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) writes:
>From kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Dave Sim's Ugly Brother):
>> #1, the editor is FAR too small.  I have 3.8Megs of scollback and only
>> 40K of editor.  Excuse me?  That's just silly.

>    How did you get that much?  I have 4.25 megs but ProTerm only gives me
>2730K of scrollback and a 45K editor.  I'm not complaining (who would ever

Maybe you're booting into GS/OS? I've got 2.25M, and if I boot into
Prodos 8 and then run Proterm, I get 2M of scrollback...

>Brian T. Tao   *B-)  |  taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca  |  "Though this be
>2705-1510 Riverside  |           - or -          |   madness, yet there
>Ottawa, ON  K1G 4X5  |      taob@micor.uucp      |   is method in 't."

--
David Huang                                 |
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu          |     "Help! My ganglion is

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (05/13/91)

I would also like to second the observation that ProTerm only uses up
to 2730K of Scrollback in my 4.25 meg GS.

Brendan G. Hoar                      bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu
Apartment 1                          Carnegie Mellon, Inc.
357 Melwood Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 621-8278

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (05/13/91)

Oh, and another comment about the ProTERM 2.2 SB limit.

It is 2730K whether or not GS/OS is loaded first.