[comp.sys.apple2] 256k GS?

marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) (05/12/91)

I have one of these, and will get a RAM expansion soon, but could anyone mail
me a list of what I can run, like, you're favourite stuff..  I need a list
temporarily..

Thanks

/* Marek Pawlowski, President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding  */
/* Blvd., PO BOX 32017, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.        */
/* marekp@gnu.ai.mit.edu, marekp@cerf.net, marekp@pnet91.cts.com,       */
/* marekp@generic.uucp, Voice: (416) 884-4501 4-8pm Toronto time        */
/* "F U cn rd dis U mst Uz Unix" - ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com               */

taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) (05/13/91)

marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) writes:

> I have one of these, and will get a RAM expansion soon, but could anyone mail
> me a list of what I can run, like, you're favourite stuff..  I need a list
> temporarily..

    You can basically forget about anything that has to do with GS/OS.  I
doubt any of the recent games (i.e.: past couple of years) will run in just
256K.  I know Tass Times in Tonetown and Music Construction Set work in
256K, but that's about it.  1.25 megs is the BARE minimum, and I would
imagine that you will like 2 megs or more.  Have you decided on a memory
card yet?  Until you get one, you have a fast IIe.

--
Brian T. Tao   *B-)  |  taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca  |  "Though this be
2705-1510 Riverside  |           - or -          |   madness, yet there

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (05/13/91)

In article <714@generic.UUCP> marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) writes:
>... a list of what I can run, like, you're favourite stuff..

About all a 256KB Apple IIGS can do is emulate an 8-bit Apple II.