[comp.sys.apple2] IIgs for sale...

jasonk@pnet91.UUCP (Jason Kettinger) (08/25/90)

!                                                                        !
! For Sale:  A complete Apple IIgs power system.     NEW Price  MY Price !
!                                                                        !
!  Apple IIgs Rom 01 machine with 256K on board      $1300      $699     !
!  Apple Analog RGB monitor                            700       399     !
!  Rampak 4GS memory card with 2 megs                  450       199     !
!  Applied Engineering Sonic Blaster                   140        69     !
!  Kensington System Saver IIgs                        120        59     !
!  Apple 3.5" Drive                                    525       249     !
!  Apple 5.25" Drive                                   389       199     !
!  Hayes 2400 baud smartmodem                          300       149     !
!  Hayes Mach III joystick                              50        25     !
!  Applied Engineering 40 meg Vulcan Hard drive       1000       499     !
!                                                    -----     -----     !
!                                                    $5024     $2349     !
!                                                              =====     !
!                                                                        !
!  PLUS:  A wealthy library of software is inculded:                     !
!                                                                        !
!  200+ 5.25" disks of Apple II software                                 !
!  100+ 3.5" disks of Apple IIgs specific software                       !
!                                                                        !
!        The system includes the keyboard, mouse, mousepad, and all the  !
! necessary cables joining the CPU and the peripherals.  All manuals     !
! which came with the CPU and peripherals are here, along with some      !
! technical references that I've picked up along the way.  Everything is !
! in perfect condition.  The base CPU and peripherals are about 1 year   !
! old, but some of the peripherals are only a few months old.            !
!                                                                        !
!        Please call Jason at (416)839-9912 if you're interested.        !
!________________________________________________________________________!

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!jasonk
INET: jasonk@pnet91.cts.com

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (08/26/90)

>Apple IIgs ROM 01 machine with 256k on board     $1300      $699
                                             New price?    His price
Where did you see a 256k GS for $1300??  I thought they always sold
At no more than $999.  Also, I got mine new for $720 (21 more).

>Apple analog RGB monitor                          700        399

Again... $700?????  I got mine LIST price for $399 in 1988 and as far as I
know, it's only gone as high as $429.  Is this the monitor for the Mac or GS?

>Kensington System Saver IIgs                      120         59

The list price for the system saver IIGS is $99.95  and mail order about $70

>Apple 3.5" drive                                  525        249

The Apple 3.5" drive is $429, last time I checked.
The prices you're selling at are decent, but don't jack up the list prices
on these things.  Some of the prices you're selling at , these things could
be bought new (mail order usually) for a little (or sometimes a great deal)
less.

paul@nuchat.UUCP (Paul Hutmacher) (08/29/90)

In article <9008261633.AA00913@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:

>[bunch of prices deleted]

>The prices you're selling at are decent, but don't jack up the list prices
>on these things.  Some of the prices you're selling at , these things could
>be bought new (mail order usually) for a little (or sometimes a great deal)
>less.

I recall the original message with all the "outrageous" list prices and also
remember the origin of the message was someplace in Canada where they too
call their currency dollars and use the $ to stipulate that.

However, their dollar is worth .80 uscy of ours (give or take, check your
broker for up to the minute currency fluctuations) and with that in mind
his prices could be in line.

Not all messages originate from the U.S.

--
paul@nuchat.UUCP
{uhnix1, uunet}!nuchat!paul

In article <9008261633.AA00913@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>>Apple analog RGB monitor                          700        399
>
>Again... $700?????  I got mine LIST price for $399 in 1988 and as far as I
>know, it's only gone as high as $429.  Is this the monitor for the Mac or GS?
	LIST for $399 in '88? Strange, because I am pretty sure they're up to
about $600 list now...
	It cost me about $460 when I got it for the developer's price
last summer... And again I'm pretty sure it was $599 list. I'm not sure it was
technically the "developer's" price, but it was some way the company my
mom worked for then could get equiptment at substantially reduced prices.

>>Apple 3.5" drive                                  525        249
>
>The Apple 3.5" drive is $429, last time I checked.
	What a ripoff! I don't have any objections to what you say the
price is because I don't know what the list price is...
	But JEEZ!  For Xmas '88, I got an Apple 3.5 for my newly
upgraded GS. [i.e. //e -> GS upgrade]  I actually helped call around to places
to find the cheapest price...
	Well, anyway, we got it for about $300 then. That was less than the
list price back then too..
	Now you can get SuperDrives from Fry's for about $250! {I believe
you can even get other brand 1.4 meg drives that work on the Mac for less}

--
        /  Apple II(GS) Forever!     unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu  \
        \    Computer engineering student seeking a job.     /

coxr@ecn.purdue.edu (Richard L Cox) (09/13/90)

   I have the following Apple IIGS system for sale:

Apple IIGS ROM 01
1.25 Meg RAM
Apple RGB Monitor
Vulcan 40 Meg Hard Drive
Transwarp GS

I have the system in great working order (kept up on my system managing)
and it is set up so you can jump right in.  I also have approx 20 Meg
of various applications including:

AppleWorks GS (Latest Update - Full Docs and all Original Disks)
ORCA/C and ORCA/M  (new update ORCA/C 1.1 both have origianal disks and
                    full docs ) they sent the update free so any more I
                    get I would be happy to pass along (AWGS too)
TML Pascal II
PrintShop GS
AppleWorks 3.0
Copy II plus Version 9.0

For you netters:

Shrinkit GS and Binscii (the combination made for comp.binaries)
   I already have about every worth while (didn't crash) application
   and desk accessory posted.
IconEd (an great icon editor - I have many of my own graphics done
        for these.  It also allows you to change the application path
        so you can click on an icon and start up your application.)
4 Meg of Graphics and digitized pics and ShowPic 4.65 NDA
4 Meg of Sounds and two sound players
1 Meg of Desk Accesories (and an init which can disable/enable the inits
                          and DA's you want on boot up to save memory as
                          well as Carpet Bag which allows you to start
                          new DA's on the fly)
A Grateful Dead Startup Screen (and the application that got it that way)

and many many hours with of downloads from American Online.  I also have
several hundred pages of docs from the applications, inits, and DA's
which I formatted on AppleWorks GS.  ( I also have the GS documents
formatted & saved)

I have spent aprox. $4500 dollars in the system and countless hours
setting it up and keeping it up.  Make me a reasonably offer (yes I know
any where close to the above number is irrational) and send me some
email with more questions about the system or an offer, or call me at
(317) 743 - 3082.

P.S. I will pay to ship it to you of course.

coxr@en.ecn.purdue.edu       American Online : Rich Kid
"And the kids they dance, they shake their bones" -GD

peace,

-Rich

coxr@ecn.purdue.edu (Richard L Cox) (09/18/90)

[...]

 Make me a reasonably offer, I am looking for about 2200 (neg.) Send me
 some email with more questions about the system or an offer, or call
 me at (317) 743 - 3082 (collect if you need to).

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (09/19/90)

> I have the following Apple IIGS system for sale:
>
> Apple IIGS ROM 01
> 1.25 Meg RAM
> Apple RGB Monitor
> Vulcan 40 Meg Hard Drive
> Transwarp GS
>
> AppleWorks GS (Latest Update - Full Docs and all Original Disks)
> ORCA/C and ORCA/M  (new update ORCA/C 1.1 both have origianal disks and
> full docs ) they sent the update free so any more I
> get I would be happy to pass along (AWGS too)
> TML Pascal II
> PrintShop GS
> AppleWorks 3.0
> Copy II plus Version 9.0
>
> Make me a reasonably offer, I am looking for about 2200 (neg.) Send me
>
> P.S. I will pay to ship it to you of course.
>
> coxr@en.ecn.purdue.edu       American Online : Rich Kid

$2200...hahahaha..hehehe...good luck! hohoho...  "rich kid"..hehe..I hope so
cause you sure aren't going to get $2200...

-- Bob (hardly containing himself)

______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
_________                                                          ___________
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854

swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Aaron Swiers) (12/25/90)

AppleColor RGB monitor
Apple IIc+ monitor stand
2 Apple 3.5" drives
Kensington System Saver IIgs
Apple IIgs "Woz" CPU with...
AE Audio animator w/microphone
AE TransWarp GS.  7.00Mhz, latest revision with DMA PAL upgrade
Apple DMA SCSI card
AE GS-RAM+ w/4M.  Latest revision
Zoom 2400 BPS modem
AppleDisk 5.25" drive
Rodime 450Rx internal 45M 26ms SCSI drive (in a friends CT-30 case)
SunCom Flightstick
Sonic amplified speakers
Apple standard keyboard (from an SE)
Apple Mouse w/mousepad
300 misc 3.5" disks in 5 disk cases
assorted misc and documentation

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (12/26/90)

On Tue, 25 Dec 90 08:15:38 GMT Aaron Swiers said:

>AE TransWarp GS.  7.00Mhz, latest revision with DMA PAL upgrade

How much for the TWGS?  (Sorry, I can't e-mail you.)

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (01/06/91)

How much for the 2400 baud modem?

rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) (05/13/91)

For Sale :

       1 Apple IIgs, ROM Rev 3, 1 MB CPU w/orignial manuals
       1 Apple 3.5 Drive
       1 Apple 5.25
       1 Applied Engineering Conserver

      Everything is in mint condition.

      Asking $1200  (Does not include shipping)

Also for sale :

       1 Apple Super Serial Card  w/manual $85
       1 286/10 Motherboard with 1 MB      $100

       (Does not include shipping)

leave e-mail to rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu

			     thank you

--
   "Aha! Just as I suspected! My evil Arch Nemesis, Mom-Lady!..." -- Calvin