[comp.sys.apple2] big edit thing

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (05/13/91)

anyone else notice these bugs:
	1. *real* indent like in uEmacs doesn't work correctly.
	2. numbers in ruler are all '0'.
	3. tab marks (little triangles) do nothing.

albert

SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU (05/13/91)

	In a previous article, albert writes:

>anyone else notice these bugs:
>        1. *real* indent like in uEmacs doesn't work correctly.
>        2. numbers in ruler are all '0'.
>        3. tab marks (little triangles) do nothing.

	Well first of all, it still is in beta stage, so you are going
to see some features not fully functional yet. {such as the the numbers
in the rulers not working and the tab marks not working} So far though,
I have been very impressed with the NDA to date. I really enjoy having
the mini menu bar... Is this "menu bar in a window" unique to Apple II's
or do the mac's also have them?

	But I would like to know if other people have noticed their
machines crashing more frequently since installing the NDA? Mine seems
to crash about 5 minutes after I've installed it... :(

							- Hal

| Hal Bouma				| Send mail to: SHBoum@Macalstr.edu    |
| Macalester College, St. Paul, MN.	| and 		SHBoum@Macalstr.Bitnet |
| Coming this fall for the //GS: NBA!	| GEnie : H.BOUMA		       |

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (05/13/91)

>anyone else notice these bugs:
>       1. *real* indent like in uEmacs doesn't work correctly.
>       2. numbers in ruler are all '0'.
     ---^
   I noticed this one, but I have not tested the NDA that much.

>       3. tab marks (little triangles) do nothing.
>
>albert

Robert
Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

anarch@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (The Anarch) (05/14/91)

In article <77DD221520BF212C9B@MACALSTR.EDU> SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU writes:

>I have been very impressed with the NDA to date. I really enjoy having
>the mini menu bar... Is this "menu bar in a window" unique to Apple II's
>or do the mac's also have them?
>[...]
>							- Hal

     It's not a common feature on Macs, but it can be done, and has been
in two programs that I know of.  The technique as I know it was developed
here for use with the campus e-mail program, and it's being used in
something that I'm working on.  The e-mail programmer, Jim Matthews, wrote
an article about it for MacTutor a few years ago, if you're interested in
learning about how it's done.  I don't know the issue, sorry.

--
                 Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall,