[comp.sys.apple2] Zip GS and summer entertainment

96975089@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU (Ken Smith) (05/14/91)

How long is that offer from Zip good?  and how much extra does the 9
or 10 Mhz version cost?

Can anyone suggest a good game to get?  I am preferential to action/adventure
types with some strategy and thinking thrown in.  Too bad they don't make
Space Quests for the GS anymore :(  I remember someone mentioning The Immortals
a while back, but I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks Alot!

Ken Smith

  Internet:  96975089@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
             ksmith@cs2.cs.wsu.edu

  Bitnet:    96975089@WSUVM1

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (05/15/91)

In article <9105131906.AA08598@apple.com> 96975089@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU (Ken Smith) writes:
>Can anyone suggest a good game to get?  I am preferential to action/adventure
>types with some strategy and thinking thrown in.

Dungeon Master, The Immortal, Keef the Thief, QuestMaster, and Bard's Tale
I-II fit the description.  In a different vein, Xenocide also fits the
description, with arcade action.  If you can find Rastan, that's another.
Stock up on IIGS King's Quest I-IV, Space Quest I-II, Police Quest I-II,
and Leisure Suit Larry I; since Sierra has discontinued all Apple II
products, these will become even harder to find than usual.

There are other good IIGS games that don't fit your specification, and
some of the 8-bit Apple II games are worthwhile (Ultima I-V, some of the
Wizardry series).