[comp.sys.apple2] HOW DO I PARK A HARDDISK ON MY GS?

ISSLTC@NUSVM.BITNET (Lim Thye Chean) (05/13/91)

Hello, I am Thye Chean.

I just bought a harddisk for my IIGS and one thing bothering me. I am
not able to park my harddisk. Under the Mac when we shut down the
harddisk will be parked, but it does not seem to be the case for my
computer.

How do I know it is not park? Simple. My Preference harddisk has a
PARK LED indicator. When the harddisk was passed to me, it is on. Now
the LED never light on, meaning that the harddisk is still not parking.

Help! I will be moving to a new place soon and will be carrying my
harddisk with me. Not parking the harddisk is very dangerous, especially
when we move it all over the place.

                      *** Apple IIGS Forever ***

   An Apple IIGS lover from Malaysia. An ISS engineer from Singapore.

                      Contact me at ISSLTC@NUSVM

cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com (Conway Chen) (05/15/91)

ISSLTC@NUSVM.BITNET (Lim Thye Chean) writes:

> Hello, I am Thye Chean.
>
> I just bought a harddisk for my IIGS and one thing bothering me. I am
> not able to park my harddisk. Under the Mac when we shut down the
> harddisk will be parked, but it does not seem to be the case for my
> computer.
>
> How do I know it is not park? Simple. My Preference harddisk has a
> PARK LED indicator. When the harddisk was passed to me, it is on. Now
> the LED never light on, meaning that the harddisk is still not parking.
>
> Help! I will be moving to a new place soon and will be carrying my
> harddisk with me. Not parking the harddisk is very dangerous, especially
> when we move it all over the place.

There are many utilities, such as one on ProSEL and I have one for my
vulcan, that will park a hard disk.  Look in the Public Domain of your
nearest user group for mroe help, or you could request it for
comp.binaries.apple2

--
Conway Chen
cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com