[comp.sys.apple2] AWGS, My HD, and my Datalink 2400

TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET ("Ed 'Apple Guru' Moore") (05/04/91)

Hello.  I'm having a bit of trouble with Appleworks IIGS initalizing
my Datalinke 2400 Baud modem.  I'm using version 1.1 of appleworks GS,
installed on the first partion (/mine) of my 44 MB removable cartridge
drive.  I select my datalink 2400 to install under hardware, it 'thinks'
for a sec or 2, then returns a "Unable to initalize modem" alert box.
I'm using proterm on it right now..what's the prob?  I have a few NDA's
but nothing that I belive is causeing the trouble.
Ed Moore
TSEMM@alaska.bitnet

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) (05/08/91)

|Hello.  I'm having a bit of trouble with Appleworks IIGS initalizing
|my Datalinke 2400 Baud modem.  I'm using version 1.1 of appleworks GS,
|installed on the first partion (/mine) of my 44 MB removable cartridge
|drive.  I select my datalink 2400 to install under hardware, it 'thinks'
|for a sec or 2, then returns a "Unable to initalize modem" alert box.
|I'm using proterm on it right now..what's the prob?  I have a few NDA's
|but nothing that I belive is causeing the trouble.
|Ed Moore
|TSEMM@alaska.bitnet

Hmm, when did you start having the problem?  Is it internal or external?  Did
you get the right cable to connect it to the GS?  How are you getting on here
if you can't use your modem?  Do you have the thing is slot 2 and does your
software know it?  If it's an internal do you have the slot set correctly?  Do
you have everything connected correctly?  Have you figured out what's wrong
with it yet?
INET: whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com
UUCP: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf
ARPA: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf@nosc.mil

cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com (Conway Chen) (05/10/91)

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) writes:

> |Hello.  I'm having a bit of trouble with Appleworks IIGS initalizing
> |my Datalinke 2400 Baud modem.  I'm using version 1.1 of appleworks GS,
> |installed on the first partion (/mine) of my 44 MB removable cartridge
> |drive.  I select my datalink 2400 to install under hardware, it 'thinks'
> |for a sec or 2, then returns a "Unable to initalize modem" alert box.
> |I'm using proterm on it right now..what's the prob?  I have a few NDA's
> |but nothing that I belive is causeing the trouble.
> |Ed Moore
> |TSEMM@alaska.bitnet
>
> Hmm, when did you start having the problem?  Is it internal or external?  Did
> you get the right cable to connect it to the GS?  How are you getting on here
> if you can't use your modem?  Do you have the thing is slot 2 and does your
> software know it?  If it's an internal do you have the slot set correctly?  D
> you have everything connected correctly?  Have you figured out what's wrong
> with it yet?
> UUCP: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf
> ARPA: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf@nosc.mil

I've had the exact same problem lately, and before, it did work, but not
since I last tried it.  The Datalink 2400 is an internal.  I hope you ca
figure out what's wrong, I want to use the CM module for AWGS too :)

--
Conway Chen
cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com

Peter.G.Wilding@dartmouth.edu (Peter G. Wilding) (05/15/91)

In article <g98o21w164w@xcluud.sccsi.com>
cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com (Conway Chen) writes:

> I've had the exact same problem lately, and before, it did work, but not
> since I last tried it.  The Datalink 2400 is an internal.  I hope you ca
> figure out what's wrong, I want to use the CM module for AWGS too :)

I HAD a datalink, and all I can tell you now is that you should have
gotten something else.  I don't think that Datalinks and GS's get along
at all.

cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com (Conway Chen) (05/16/91)

Peter.G.Wilding@dartmouth.edu (Peter G. Wilding) writes:

> In article <g98o21w164w@xcluud.sccsi.com>
> cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com (Conway Chen) writes:
>
> > I've had the exact same problem lately, and before, it did work, but not
> > since I last tried it.  The Datalink 2400 is an internal.  I hope you ca
> > figure out what's wrong, I want to use the CM module for AWGS too :)
>
> I HAD a datalink, and all I can tell you now is that you should have
> gotten something else.  I don't think that Datalinks and GS's get along
> at all.

I've found that out a long time ago.  I'm going to keep with this modem
until I can get an HST.  <sigh>  Maybe I never should have gotten something
from AE.  Sure was a great modem for the Apple IIe.

--
Conway Chen
cchen@xcluud.sccsi.com