[comp.sys.apple2] Question about TEParamBlock

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (05/16/91)

I've just started reading up about the TextEdit toolset in Toolbox ref
III. I was wondering what the refcon field specifies?
the manual jumps from moreFlags to textFlags on page 49-35 - 49-36

Also, I set vertBar to $FFFFFFFF as the book says, but when the window
comes up, the scroll bar shows a thumber (sp ?) the size of the entire
scroll  bar. Thus, I cannot make the window scroll up or down.
I'm Initiating the call with TEnew inside of an Alert window.

testflags looks like this
11100100100100000000000000000000

bit 31.....................bit 0

Can anyone help me out here?

thanks

nagendra
nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu

In article <NAGENDRA.91May16011912@bucsf.bu.edu> nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) writes:

>I've just started reading up about the TextEdit toolset in Toolbox ref
>III. I was wondering what the refcon field specifies?
>the manual jumps from moreFlags to textFlags on page 49-35 - 49-36

Anything labeled "refCon" is for the application programmer to use as he
sees fit.  The system will not look at it.  The only exception is that the
Dialog Manager stores values in the control refCon fields of dialog items.

>Also, I set vertBar to $FFFFFFFF as the book says, but when the window
>comes up, the scroll bar shows a thumber (sp ?) the size of the entire
>scroll  bar. Thus, I cannot make the window scroll up or down.
>I'm Initiating the call with TEnew inside of an Alert window.

It's usually easier to do NewControl2 to make TE controls.

On the IIgs, the thumbs of scroll bars are proportional to the amount of data
displayed.  If there's not enough data to scroll, there will be no thumb and
you'll not be able to scroll anything.  Try adding enough data so that you
have to scroll to see it all.

Matt Deatherage, Developer Technical  | The opinions expressed herein are
Support, Apple Computer, Inc.         | not those of Apple Computer, and
Personal mail only, please.  Thanks.  | shame on you for thinking otherwise.