[comp.sys.apple2] PATCH FOR PROGRAMS TO WORK ON SYSTEM 5.0

ISSLTC@NUSVM.BITNET (Lim Thye Chean) (05/16/91)

I have asked about the "one-byte patch" for the PaintWorks Gold to
work on System 5.0, but nobody response. Can anybody help? I wish to
installed it on my System 5.04 harddisk... or nobody ever use
PaintWorks Gold any longer?

Besides, I am also trying to use WordPerfect 2.0 on System 5.0. The
pull-down menu will be corrupted, and it works with only System 4.0.
Has anybody come out with the solution?

Thanks for any help.

                      *** Apple IIGS Forever ***

 An Apple IIGS lover from Malaysia. A software engineer from Singapore.
                      Contact me at ISSLTC@NUSVM

       Lim Thye Chean - Lim is my surname. My name is Thye Chean.

phs172m@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Stephen Harker) (05/17/91)

In article <9105161429.AA11978@apple.com>, ISSLTC@NUSVM.BITNET (Lim Thye Chean) writes:
> [Question about PainWorks Gold patch deleted]
>
> Besides, I am also trying to use WordPerfect 2.0 on System 5.0. The
> pull-down menu will be corrupted, and it works with only System 4.0.
> Has anybody come out with the solution?

	There is an upgrade to WordPerfect, the latest version I have is 2.1c
if I remember correctly.  Write to WordPerfect Corp, they will send you the
upgrade.  It works fine with system 5.0.x, unfortunately WordPerfect GS is no
longer being upgraded beyond this type of maintenance due to poor sales.

--
Stephen Harker			phs172m@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Monash University		Baloney baffles brains: Eric Frank Russell