[comp.sys.apple2] Apple System 7 - Apologies ...

jdeitch@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Jonathan Deitch) (05/18/91)

ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) writes:

>>Here at the University of Miami, we are providing free copies of System 7 to
>>our customers, providing that they bring their own disks - 8 HD disks or 10
>>800k disks.  We also provide them with a 1-900 number for support (note :
> this
>>is different from the support number you get with the upgrade kits).
>>
>>'til later ...
>>
>>- Jonathan
>>
>>jdeitch@umiami.miami.edu
>
> You quoted the entire Apple press release and the original posters sig just to
> make this point????  What the hell for? I think you should cut down on your
> clipboard addiction, OD'ing like this is bad for you health.
>
> My apologies to the rest of the readers, but this is just igorant.
>
> UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!ericmcg
> INET: ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com

My apologies to those who had to read the whole thing.  I had a fight with the
VAX's editor here and unwittingly posted the ENTIRE message with my little
8-line addition on the end.  For some reason, it wouldn't cut the other stuff
out when it saved the file before posting it.  I don't pretend to understand
why things like this happen, but it seems they do and often.

Next time, I'll edit the post outside of NEWS to make sure that doesn't happen
again.

BTW : To those people who had to suffer through reading tons of repeat at 2400
      baud, I'm using a 2400 baud dial-up line too ...

Oh well ...

'til later ...

- Jonathan

jdeitch@umiami.miami.edu

Internet : jdeitch@umiami.miami.edu               | "Good musicians execute
"I'm a Time Lord.  I walk in eternity !" - Dr Who |  murder it !!! "