[comp.sys.apple2] Apple Works ===> IBM

Eugene.Humbert@p0.f551.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG (Eugene Humbert) (05/18/91)

Hello Rob!

In a msg of <18 May 91>, Rob Leggett writes to All:

 RL> Hi everyone!
 RL>   I have a problem trying to convert Apple Works files created on a
 RL> Apple 2e, 5.25" disks, to an IBM format.  I have heard of a program
 RL> that I can run on my PC that will read the Apple disks, but I do not
 RL> know where to look. Does anyone have an idea where I could find this
 RL> program, or another way to accomplish this conversion?

 RL>   Please send mail to one of the addresses listed below as I am not on
 RL> your mailing list.

 RL>                                           Thank you in advance!

There's a program called "crossworks".  Costs about $95.00 and will convert Appleworks files to just about any I.B.M. format you might want.  I've used it and you can either use a modem or the cable that comes with it to transfer between the two computers.

Eugene

--- ZMailQ 1.12 (QuickBBS)
 * Origin: The Phoenix's Egg (303)287-8267 104/438 - 200:5000/(200:5000/551.0)

--
Eugene Humbert - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
UUCP: ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!551.0!Eugene.Humbert

LEGGETT@ksuvxm (Rob Leggett) (05/18/91)

Date sent:  18-MAY-1991 11:20:54

Hi everyone!
  I have a problem trying to convert Apple Works files created on a Apple
2e, 5.25" disks, to an IBM format.  I have heard of a program that I can
run on my PC that will read the Apple disks, but I do not know where to look.
Does anyone have an idea where I could find this program, or another way
to accomplish this conversion?

  Please send mail to one of the addresses listed below as I am not on your
mailing list.

                                          Thank you in advance!
                                          ---Rob Leggett

  _      __                   __
 / | b  | Rob Leggett           |         Internet -- Leggett@ksuvxb.kent.edu
 \      | Computer Science/Math |           Bitnet -- Leggett@KentStar
   \    | Kent State University | dx                         or
 |_/  a | Stark Campus          |                     RLeggett@KentGold
   "NEVER go off on a tangent you can't integrate!"  -Sean Hallgren
                                                          Famous Mathematician

betel@buhub.bradley.edu (Robert Crawford) (05/19/91)

	Sorry to bother everyone, but if there is any information on
this, I would like to hear it too.

--
Rob Crawford		        \"You can have peace. Or you
betel@buhub.bradley.edu	          \can have freedom. Don't ever