[comp.sys.apple2] Transwarp II

gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com (Glynne Tolar) (05/20/91)

If you have a Transwarp II you may be interested in the following easter
egg.  I found it while looking at the EPROM.  It's easier then guessing.

While in the "About" page type "0" for the startup screen or "1" to display
the following:

   Total EEPROM Writes: 77
Firmware Creation Date: 18 Nov 89
        Cache Size (K): 8
               Machine: Apple //e
       CPU Speed (MHz): 7.1
  Auxillary Memory (K): 1024

If the firmware creation date, cache size, or CPU speed is different on
yours let me know in e-mail what differences there are.

A shame AE dropped this device as is the only accelerator that is
configurable without a disk and it remembers the configuration.  A shame
Zip took the buy our chip or we'll sue you too attitude on a patent on
caching that everybody else uses and you don't see Zip taking others to
task on this!  Not much justice when Zip should have been sued for some
of the things they did to their customers earily on.

You can paint it all kinds of pretty colors and have speakers give it glowing
reviews, but abortion is still baby killing.
gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com <-or-> uunet!nuchat!xcluud!gtolar
I didn't write the organization or path.  I just use it.

In article <HJw922w164w@xcluud.sccsi.com> gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com (Glynne Tolar) writes:
>A shame
>Zip took the buy our chip or we'll sue you too attitude on a patent on
>caching that everybody else uses and you don't see Zip taking others to
>task on this!  Not much justice when Zip should have been sued for some
>of the things they did to their customers earily on.

	Could someone pleease go into greater detail about the suit?

	I thought Zip sued because the RocketChip was basically an exact
copy (with some improvements to make it faster) of the Zip Chip.

	If I am wrong, please correct me.. I'm interested in knowing
more..  It just seems to me it probably involved a LOT more than "caching that
everybody else uses.."

>You can paint it all kinds of pretty colors and have speakers give it glowing
>reviews, but abortion is still baby killing.
>gtolar@xcluud.sccsi.com <-or-> uunet!nuchat!xcluud!gtolar
>I didn't write the organization or path.  I just use it.

	Could you please delineate your messages and your .signature better
in the future so we aren't inundated with political messages which are
seemingly in the message body?  Or maybe get rid of the political stuff at all
on this newsgroup? I'm presuming this was supposed to be part of your .sig.
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!        unknown@cats.ucsc.edu\
|WANT to help get ULTIMA VI //e or GS written?-mail me. CHEAP CD info-mail me.|