[comp.sys.apple2] IR coupler for apple][?

devernay@POLY.POLYTECHNIQUE.FR (Devernay Frederic) (05/21/91)

I would like to build an InfraRed coupler for my apple II. I think it
would be usefull for controling IR devices (TV set, CD player...) or
transfering programs from my HP28s, etc...
The best way to do this would be to use the game I/O, i.e. the output
named AN#0 (or something like that) which can be simply switched, and
the game button #2. But my problem is that I don't know anything about
transistors, IC, or anything else!
Has somebody ever done such an interface, or could someone help me doing
this? I would also need some "soft" help, since I only know High Level
Languages, and they may be too slow for this.

Thank you.

Frederic Devernay

In article <9105211612.AA08875@poly.polytechnique.fr> devernay@POLY.POLYTECHNIQUE.FR (Devernay Frederic) writes:
>I would like to build an InfraRed coupler for my apple II. I think it
>would be usefull for controling IR devices (TV set, CD player...) or
>transfering programs from my HP28s, etc...

	This doesn't help you with your problem, but might be
interesting to you...

	The CORE (universal remote controller, I believe before many
of the other universal remotes were around), designed/sold by
Steve Wozniak's company CL9 (not in business anymore), could be
programmed on an Apple II. I know the person who wrote all of or part
of the software for it. You could upload to it and download from it..
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!        unknown@cats.ucsc.edu\
|WANT to help get ULTIMA VI //e or GS written?-mail me. CHEAP CD info-mail me.|