[comp.sys.apple2] appleiigs

lyle@netcom.UUCP (Lyle Fong) (04/14/90)

Carpet bag is flaky.  Probably, one of the reasons for this is because it is an INIT.  There are many NDAs out there that do the same job, and don't crash as often.

I was able to get the Laserwriter Driver on 5.02 to be direct connected.  However, you can't go to direct connect to activate it.  One of the CDEVS that are installed when you install Laserwriter is the Appletalk.  But if you shut off Appletalk, it is automatically installed as Direct Connect.

Lyle

kunzel@andrew.verity.com (Kevin Kunzelman) (08/28/90)

I've got the following system for sale:

	Apple IIGS (Woz limited edition) ROM 01 CPU
	Applied Engineering GS-RAM 1.5 meg expansion card. (Total 1.75M)
	Apple RGB monitor
	Apple 3.5" drive
	Apple 5.25" drive
	Transwarp GS 7.0 mhz accelerator card (Makes GS faster than Mac SE)
	Vulcan 40 megabyte internal HD ( 22ms avg. seek time -- FAST )
		( w/fan and boosted power supply. <1 yr. old )
	Audio Animator
		(MIDI interface and stereo digitizer)

	LOTS and LOTS of Software

The list price for all this stuff would end up being around $5000.
If you shopped well, you could get it for around $3700.
I'd like to sell my system for $1850.

Additional stuff for sale:

	UniMac 40M external SCSI HD (28MS avg seek time.)

	-- $350

	Apple II High-Speed DMA SCSI card (NEW)

	-- $90

	OR buy both for $390.

Kevin Kunzelman
(kunzel@andrew.verity.com)
Home: (408) 720-9660
Work: (415) 960-7655

scalawag@blake.u.washington.edu (Keith Frederick) (02/17/91)

Here is some Apple IIGS Software and Books and some Apple II stuff FOR SALE.

I WILL PAY SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS.

All software is original and comes with complete original documentation.
Registration will be transferred wherever possible.

Apple IIGS Software & Books
---------------------------

Graphics Supermarket - $10
Apple IIGS Technical Reference by Michael Fischer - $12
Inside the Apple IIGS by Gary Bond (some wear on covers) - $10
HyperStudio (w/ speaker, digitizer, & microphone) - $40
Music Studio v2.0 - $15
Micol Macro Assembler - $15
Programmer's Introduction to the Apple IIGS (w/ disk) - $15 (by Apple)
(^^^ source is in TML Pascal, C, and Assembly)
APW C v1.0.2 - $25 (requires APW or ORCA shell)
Apple IIGS Hardware Reference Manual - $15 (hardcover)
Apple IIGS Firmware Reference Manual - $15 (hardcover)
Apple IIGS ProDOS 16 Reference Manual w/ Exerciser - $15 (hardcover)
Apple's Human Interface Guidelines - $10
Apple's Technical Introduction to the Apple IIGS - $10
Apple's Network System Overview - $10
Inside AppleTalk (by Apple) - $20 (hardcover)

Apple IIGS Hardware
--------------------

AI 4 Meg RAM Card FULLY populated  - $200
comes with memory checking software, documentation on disk (this is how
it originally came).

Apple //e Software & Books
--------------------------
Now that you know Assembly language, what are you going to do with it - $8
6502 Systems Programming (goes through design of BREVITY environment) - $10
Enhancing your Apple //e volume 2 by Don Lancaster - $10
Apple Access // (vt52 emulation, XMODEM protocal, & command language) - $10

Beneath Apple DOS    - $7
Beneath Apple ProDOS - $7
  Both books for $10.

Compute's Machine Language for Beginners Book #1 - $7
Compute's Machine Language Book #2 - $7
  Both books for $10.

The following games are for $12:
   War In Russia
   Geopolitique
   Nam

(buy two of the above for $20; all three for $25; )

The following games are for $8:
   Bureaucracy
   The Hobbit
   Flight Simulator
   Super Sunday Master Disk
   Super Sunday General Mgr Disk (requires a Master Disk)
   Super Sunday 1986 Season (requires a Master Disk)
     [ All three Super Sunday Disks for $12 ]

(buy 2 of the above for $10; 3 for $15; 4 for $20; 5 for $25; and 6 for $30)

If there are any questions PLEASE leave e-mail or phone me.  And remember,
I pay shipping on all purchases...I love my customers!

| Keith R. Frederick               | Happiness is our moral purpose.        |
| scalawag@blake.u.washington.edu  | If you see Dr. Fu Manchu, kill him !!! |
| CIS:73760,3521                   |----------------------------------------|
| (206)285-1576                    |     4th Year Senior / Economics        |
|__________________________________|________________________________________|

pyrros@cis.udel.edu (Christos Pyrros) (03/21/91)

For Sale:
									 Price
Apple IIGS, ROM 03, 1 year old					$700
   3200K RAM/ROM Disk  (Boots from ROM Disk)
Two Apple Memory Expansion Cards, full to 1 Meg ea	$100/ea
Applied Engineering RamKeeper (with battery backup)	$150
Applied Engineering TransWarp GS				$150
AST Vision Plus (video digitizer)					$150
Future Sound Stereo Card & Audio Digitizer			$75
Two 3.5S Apple 800K Drives					$200/ea
One 5.25S Drive							$75
Hayes Mach III Joystick						$20
Apple Monitor /// Monochrome Monitor				$70
Advanced Electronics RGB Monitor				$200
PhoneNet Connector (for AppleTalk)                 			$30

SYSTEM IS APPLETALK NETWORK COMPATIBLE.

Will sell complete system for $1550.00

All offers considered.

Send email to pyrros@udel.edu or page by calling (301) 510-0418, wait for beep,
enter your phone number, enter #, hang up.  (8am - 11:59pm EST)

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (04/08/91)

Forgive me, I post too much in a row, I just read things, then I like to
respond to them.

I don't think that Apple Computer, Inc. will cut the IIgs for a while,
because of the money they have put into it.  It's the most powerful Apple
II, 65816 processor, 2.8 Mhz (although it is slow) 1 Meg of RAM, etc...

There seem to be MANY employees of Apple COmputer, that seem to specialize
in Apple II.  I talked vioce with Matt Deatherage & Jay Schafer (author of
the Installer), and we have met Dave Lyons here.  I know there are MORE,
look at Andy Nicholas.  All these people do something with an Apple IIgs.
I can understand why  they cut the IIe.  It's VERY obsolete 1 MHZ, 65c02
processor, etc.  With the IIgs being able to run most IIe software anyway.
Then they modified the IIc into the IIc+  Which didn;t last long, because
the only MAIN difference is the 4 MHZ, and builtin 3.5" disk drive.  Well
the IIgs uses a 3.5" disk too.  I wouldn
I would NOT be supprised if Apple cut the IIgs, and I would NOT be
supprised it they DIDN'T.  I just think there are too many Apple IIgs
employees....

---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (04/09/91)

I got this message via E-mail.. I thought it would have more effect here...

From: pasqual@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 91 16:27:57 -0400
Ppath: pro-mansion!aford
To: aford@pro-mansion.cts.com
Subject: Re: Apple IIgs
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

I'm interested in learning how to program in assembly on my Apple IIGS.
Does anyone know of an assembler offered through shareware or freeware
for the IIGS?  Any kind of reply would be greatly appreciated.

						Hiroshi Kawai
						pasqual@athena.mit.edu