[comp.sys.apple2] Changing menu font

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (05/27/91)

In article <qD7i34w164w@xcluud.sccsi.com> dkl@xcluud.sccsi.com (David Leikam) writes:
|  While we're on the general topic of changes to the desktop defaults.. is
|there a good (i.e, works, doesn't crash) way to change the system font from
|Shaston to something else of my choice?  There was a utility that could do
|this on the Mac (Can't remember the name of it).  Any reasonable way to do
|it for the //GS?  (Yes, I know about looking over the results carefully, and
|the spacing problems, &c. I'll be careful.)

Funny you should ask...
Dave Leffler (Mr. Jesusware himself) just put a new NDA on America
Online a few days ago called MenuMaster. It allows you to change
the default menu font and menu color. It will stay that way from
then on, even after you shut the machine off. It stores the
information in a resource fork.

I tried it, and it is ok, but seems to flake out a little because
of the MenuTime NDA. It also has a little trouble with SnowTerm,
specifically the scroll-back buffer % display in the menu bar.
--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (05/27/91)

On Mon, 27 May 91 01:01:44 GMT Kevin S Green said:

>Dave Leffler (Mr. Jesusware himself) just put a new NDA on America
>Online a few days ago called MenuMaster. It allows you to change
>the default menu font and menu color. It will stay that way from
>then on, even after you shut the machine off. It stores the
>information in a resource fork.

Could someone upload this to Apple2-L? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase :)

>Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com
Assembly-  a computer LANGUAGE.
Assembler- NOT the name of a language.  It's equivellent to a compiler.

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (05/28/91)

In article <9105271532.AA19210@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
[...regarding MenuMaster...]
|Could someone upload this to Apple2-L? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase :)

I just uploaded to comp.binaries.apple2. If you get that newsgroup
you're all set.
--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (05/28/91)

On Mon, 27 May 91 20:11:49 GMT Kevin S Green said:
>In article <9105271532.AA19210@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>[...regarding MenuMaster...]
>|Could someone upload this to Apple2-L? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase :)
>
>I just uploaded to comp.binaries.apple2. If you get that newsgroup
>you're all set.

Great!  Doesn't that feed automagically copy over to apple2-l?  I swear I
heard that on this net before.  If it doesn't, is it possible to get files
from it that have been archived... sorta like what apple2-l does?