[comp.sys.apple2] ProDOS 1.9?????

georgeb@seer.UUCP (George Bako) (05/23/91)

  What is the newest version of ProDOS out there? I hear all this talk
about ProDOS 1.9.. Hmmm, the most recent that I have is version 1.7

  Can somebody please bincii the newest version of the file PRODOS, and
please send it to me??  I'd really appreciate it...

       George Bako  (georgeb@seer.mystic.com)

--
=======================================//         I didn't do it,
 UUCP: georgeb@seer.mystic.com        //     nobody saw me do it,   -- Bart

William Katz <R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET> (05/24/91)

The latest version of ProDOS that I have is 1.9, but I've also seen
a version 2.0.  I suspect 2.0 is some kind of pirated version possibly
with bugs in it, so I deleted it and I'm now using 1.9.  I think there
is also a new version of BASIC.SYSTEM..not sure though.

---------------------
William Katz 'The Skier'

Internet:  wkatz@gnh-applesauce.cts.com
BITNET:  r79qc@cunyvm
CompuServe:  70031,3015    (If I still have free time on there.)

chiu@ucsee.Berkeley.EDU (James Chiu) (05/24/91)

In article <91143.204746R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET> R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET (William Katz) writes:
>The latest version of ProDOS that I have is 1.9, but I've also seen
>a version 2.0.  I suspect 2.0 is some kind of pirated version possibly
>with bugs in it, so I deleted it and I'm now using 1.9.  I think there
>is also a new version of BASIC.SYSTEM..not sure though.

I'm running on ProDOS 1.9 and BASIC SYSTEM 1.4.1 (came with my Proline
Package). The stuff is dated Aug 1990...

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A Lyons) (05/28/91)

In article <91143.204746R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET> R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET (William Katz) writes:
>The latest version of ProDOS that I have is 1.9, but I've also seen
>a version 2.0.  I suspect 2.0 is some kind of pirated version possibly
>with bugs in it, so I deleted it and I'm now using 1.9.  I think there
>is also a new version of BASIC.SYSTEM..not sure though.

There is No Such Thing as ProDOS 8 version 2.0; if you have something
like that, I recommend following William's example of not using it.

The current version of ProDOS 8 is 1.9; the current version of BASIC.SYSTEM
is 1.4.1.  See ProDOS 8 Technical Notes #23 and 24.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.