[comp.sys.apple2] Superwriter 924

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Tzan Tzu -- Zen master of Origami Fighting Fish) (05/28/91)

In article <m0jhWa5-00003yC@jartel.info.com> whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) writes:

    [ stuff about buggy Grapplers deleted ]

>There's another prroduct on the market from Xetex, SuperWriter 924, inexpensive
>which does the same thing as the Grappler, and it works perfectly with the new
>drivers in 5.0x.  I have one and it works great.  Better than getting an IW XX,
>and less expensive... I'm planning on getting a 24-pin.  Oh, it does support 9
>AND 24-pin.  A good product at a decent price.

We have a Superwriter 924 on a wide carriage Panasonic 24 pin printer.  It
works quite nicely, but my Imagewriter II with ATM looks as good if not better.
However, I am considering getting one for my GS at home..  It is a good
product, and much better than the Grappler.

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |The Coven BBS (303) 777 2911 PCP via CODEN Stalr*nk too|
|---------------------|100 Megs of storage.  Areas for IBM/MAC/Apple. Games.  |

PKBRANDON@MSUS1.MSUS.EDU (05/28/91)

Has anyone used the XETEC 924 interface with an Epson printer in ImageWriterII
emulation mode, as opposed to using it with an Epson driver, off of GS/OS with
the 5.04 ImagewriterII driver?
   ---   Paul Brandon    Psychology Dept    Mankato State Univ   ---
   ---    PKBRANDON@MSUS1.MSUS.EDU          Mankato, MN 56001    ---