[comp.sys.apple2] MidiSynth/BBS's

mock@iris.ucdavis.edu (Kenrick J. Mock) (05/26/91)

Wow, that's very interesting information about SynthLab and the Midi
Synth tool.  I see so many synthlab songs being sent around I had
thought it was an official product but just never heard about it.
Well, thanks for the enlightenment.

Regarding BBS's and Metal, the rumor is that TC Wilson is working on a
GS version of Metal next.  I've been playing with the //e version for
some time now, and I have to say that after running an Acos board for
many years, it's a treat to program with Metal.

    "When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers."
      - Wall Street Journal.
GEnie : K.MOCK        Net : mock@iris.ucdavis.edu, mock@alderon.lanl.gov

taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) (05/26/91)

mock@iris.ucdavis.edu (Kenrick J. Mock) writes:

> Wow, that's very interesting information about SynthLab and the Midi
> Synth tool.  I see so many synthlab songs being sent around I had
> thought it was an official product but just never heard about it.
> Well, thanks for the enlightenment.

    What other synthLAB songs are there?  The only ones I have are the
original songs that came with 1.0b2!  I _do_ have other synthLAB sequences,
but they are obviously conversions from either Diversi-Tune or Music Studio.
 Are there any other sequences _created_ on synthLAB?  I'd like to get my
hands on some of them.

--
Brian T. Tao   *B-)  |  taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca  |  "Though this be
2705-1510 Riverside  |           - or -          |   madness, yet there

kenfair@flammulated.rice.edu (Kenneth Jason Fair) (05/29/91)

Regarding MidiSynth on AOL:  The person to talk to about AOL's
MidiSynth/synthLab license is AFL JoyceM, the leader of the Apple II
Music and Sound Forum.  She was the one who worked out the deal with
Apple.  I myself am not sure of the details.

Kenneth Fair

--
"Not all Apple dealers carry the Apple II product  | Kenneth J. Fair
 line."  - p.92, _The Apple II Guide_              | Rice Univ. Physics Dept.