[comp.sys.apple2] GS/OS Patches

HB03932@SWTEXAS.BITNET (05/23/91)

Does anyone know of any additional patches that are available for GS/OS?
I have applied the patch that will allow moving files and folders to the
desktop, and just grabbed one from TYBALT that will allow spaces in
filenames.  I kind of remember one that patches GS/OS so that the hands
on the watch move...?

Harold J. Bruce
Computer Resource Director
Health Professions
Southwest Texas State University

jimmys@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Jimmy Shaw) (05/23/91)

In article <9105231157.AA08862@apple.com> HB03932@SWTEXAS.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know of any additional patches that are available for GS/OS?
> [stuff deleted...]
>filenames.  I kind of remember one that patches GS/OS so that the hands
>on the watch move...?
>
>Harold J. Bruce
>Computer Resource Director
>Health Professions
>Southwest Texas State University

	The patch regarding the watch is called Animate.Watch.  I'll upload
the file to Comp.Binaries.Apple2 for you.

Jimmy Shaw
jimmys@ics.uci.edu

kenfair@flammulated.rice.edu (Kenneth Jason Fair) (05/29/91)

In article <9105231157.AA08862@apple.com> HB03932@SWTEXAS.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know of any additional patches that are available for GS/OS?
>I have applied the patch that will allow moving files and folders to the
>desktop, and just grabbed one from TYBALT that will allow spaces in
>filenames.  I kind of remember one that patches GS/OS so that the hands
>on the watch move...?
>
>Harold J. Bruce
>Computer Resource Director
>Health Professions
>Southwest Texas State University

There is a patch that does this.  It's called ANIM.WATCH
(appropriately enough), and it's available on America Online.  I'd
upload a version to comp.binaries, but I'm away from my GS until July
(sob).  If you still want it by then, send me mail.
kenfair@owlnet.rice.edu

Also, there is another great patcher called FINDER.PATCHER that lets
you add Open-Apple shortcuts to all the Finder commands, as well as a
few other things.

Kenneth Fair

--
"Not all Apple dealers carry the Apple II product  | Kenneth J. Fair
 line."  - p.92, _The Apple II Guide_              | Rice Univ. Physics Dept.

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.185219.8416@rice.edu> kenfair@flammulated.rice.edu (Kenneth Jason Fair) writes:
>Also, there is another great patcher called FINDER.PATCHER that lets
>you add Open-Apple shortcuts to all the Finder commands, as well as a
>few other things.

I found the "hot key" additions to be relatively useless.
The one great improvement the Finder Patcher lets you install
is the ability to move "folders" onto the desktop.  I have no
idea why this was deliberately disabled in the released Finder;
now that I have the patch I use this all the time.  I hope the
next System Disk will provide this capability.